Back to racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to racing

It's been a while for me and finally got myself to resurrect my tracks, dust my cars and finally started racing once again. My track is still the same Carrera digital, wired so I can run my analog 1/43 and 1/32 cars on it. Table is 9.5ftx4.5ft. Lane 1 is 61ft and lane 2 is 59ft. It has 4 lane change and 1 pit stop lane. Professor motor 45 ohm controllers runs the analog setup. I just missed this hobby so i am back for good. I got a few pictures that hopefully you guys will enjoy looking at it. Thank you.

Martin , that is way way kool.

Comment

Now that is a track!!!!
      Rusty
      Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Very nice track and quite a collection of cars. Think I can see some 'Legends of Racing' diecast cars converted to slot cars. I had those and started doing the same thing years ago, then gave them away.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Legends car were actually resin bodies which I converted using aluminum chassis. It was one of my first builds when stated in this hobby. Brings back the old days when no 3d printer yet and i used laser cut aluminum metal as my go to chassis.

Comment

• slothead
            slothead commented
            Editing a comment
            Nicely done. I didn't know what I was doing when building 1/43 scale cars and gave up pretty quickly to maintain focus on all my 1/32 scale stuff. Never knew chassis like that existed.

• ourwayband
            ourwayband commented
            Editing a comment
            Great builds!!

Hi Martin,
          good to have you back!
          Very nice track!
          A little less downforce than the steel track you got back than, right?
          I remember those aluminium cut chassis. Could accept up to 4 motors, right? :-)
          Nice collection of cars!
          Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter. That metal track got me started in this hobby. I have no way of owning a longer track right away so I fabricated my own 😀 As for the aluminum chassis I have so much fun building cars with multi motor, 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. hopefully in the coming days I will print those type of chassis too.
            Here is that metal track again and those multi motor chassis.

Comment

I remember that track!Those chassis are classic..
              Rusty
              Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

Were the multi engine chassis designs a novelty thing or did that configuration serve a purpose? Since even similar engines would run at slightly different RPM values it would seem they'd end up working against each other. That said, I definitely would have done that as a young fellow just to see how it worked.

Comment

I would say it was part novelty and part curiosity. The 4 independent motor chassis and the 2 rear wheel chassis mounted in a truck bodies were actually entered in one of Pete's Pronomag race some years ago but unfortunately it wasn't run at all because I used silicone wheels instead of rubber wheels which was a critical requirement in that race. I love running those cars in my track because they actually run good although not fast because they were heavy. They were actually the only cars in my stable that do not have magnets and i get good amount of laps from them without de -slotting.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1