The Cuda Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cuda Project

Attached are some photos of The Cuda Project from the 1/43 zoom chat. The project will use a 3D printed chassis and wheels. Also bodies will be produced in cast resin.
    Attached Files

Nice project Garth, where will these parts be available from?

Regards, Lloyd

Comment

keep us posted Garth .... especially the resin bodies part
      Kev
      Burnley
      England🇬🇧

Comment

If you use a resin copy of the SCX body the noticeable effect will be a very good handling because the resin body is really very thin, thus lighter - see the SCX one. I feel a real handling difference between my cast Cuda and all other ( lightened ) resin body cars. It´s the lower c.o.g. for sure.
        The same effect is to be felt with resin copies of any 43rd scale plastic kit.

Roland

Comment

@Roland, i think Garth used the SCX body! Along with the chassis, but with some improvements!

@Garth: the wheels came out great! nice conversion! it takes some time to get the right measurement for the shapeways wheels to gain the possibility to push them on and be able to get the off nicely, ey?
          nice work!

Comment

Peter, read the last sentence of Garth's #1.

Comment

• pfuetze
              pfuetze commented
              Editing a comment
              can´t you copy SCX bodies in resin?
              Ted in Canada did it years ago. Got 3 of his casts, one already done.

I copied it short after it appeared on the market to save the original.

Comment

Working...
            X
            UA-149438709-1