Any idea what these might be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea what these might be?

A buddy of mine is looking for information on what these old 1/24 scale slot cars might be worth it. He was going to sell them at a fleamarket, but asked me if could find out what they might be worth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9996.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	97347 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9994.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	97348 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	97349 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9999.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	97350 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	97351
    Thanks for any advice!

I'll give him $100 for them!

Comment

The orange one is a Cox la cucaracha the others are champion of Chamblee I think!

Comment

Your buddy will get more for them here or on one of the other slot car forums than at a flea market.

The orange car is a Cox La Cucaracha, worth at least $120 on its own. The silver Champion is a Porsche 906, the blue one is a Ford GT40 Roadster. Each worth around $75-$80 IMO. The controller is an MRC, not to valuable, probably $20 or so if it's in good shape.
        Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
        Life is scratchbuilt

Comment

Hey Dennis correct that he would get more for them here than at the flea market. I would think those would sell really fast like anti acid at a chili cook off
          THE other Vancouver aka Vancouver Washington across the river from keep Portland weird....
          Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• Silberpfeil
            Silberpfeil commented
            Editing a comment
            ...or cold canned beer on a Troop ship.

I know an orange/red one just sold on feebay along with an unused decal sheet for $270. My friend isn't looking to part it out, but sell it as a group. Someone has offered for $300 for the lot over on FB, which seems like a fair price. What do you guys think? The other two other bodies have some battle damage, and tires need replacing, but the chassis look to be in very good shape, and it comes with the carrying case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9999.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	97389 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	97390 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9998.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	97391
          Last edited by HWPSlotCars; May 6, 2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Dennis is correct, Your buddy has a Cox Cuc and two champion cars, a Porsche and the other looks like a Ford GT roadster. I see the new pictures and the blue car is sometimes called a GTX. In the cold months when ebay prices are at a peak or when the outside world is shut down (covid) a nice Cuc can bring $150-$200. Usually depends on how many guys are on the internet and if the car is being talked about on the slot car forums. $120 for the cuc is fair to both parties. The Champions, $60 each is probably reasonable. Put the whole box and cars on Ebay for $300 buy it now and you might get it. You will still only have around $250 after they charge all their fees. Postage for the whole lot won't be cheap, probably $15-$20.

The Champion cars are collectable but don't always bring what you expect, still $60-$80 is possible. Of course, these are Ebay prices, so you can deduct nearly 20% to see what your return is. Not sure this forum has many guys into 1/24 vintage. There is a marketplace on slotblog which caters to 1/24. There is slotforum international, which I think is still running, and there is 1/24 interest there.
            Matt B
            So. In
            Crashers

Comment

Absolutely! Be sure to get a few hundred bucks for the contents of that case! Stuff like that you DON'T want to give away cheap! Advise accordingly, Jim. -- Ernie

Comment

• HWPSlotCars
                HWPSlotCars commented
                Editing a comment
                We found a buyer who paid $300 for the lot. Seemed a very fair price, and my friend was thrilled as he was thinking of unloading them at a flea market for a few bucks. I gotta start going to flea markets!!

Thanks for everyone's interest and input! We found a buyer who paid $300 for the lot. Seemed a very fair price, and my friend was thrilled as he was thinking of unloading them at a flea market for a few bucks. I guess I gotta start going to flea markets more often... my son once picked up a Tyco 440X2 in a bin of Hotwheels. They seller knew what it was worth, but let my son have it for $4 anyway.

Comment

Excellent! Good to get a fair price for everything without having to piecemeal selling each item separately.
                Of course, if I brought all that stuff to my vendor booth at a slot car show... Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1