Ben Rhodes Nascar Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Rhodes Nascar Truck

Thought I'd throw a little love towards the local young man from Louisville, KY that won the first two truck races. He did a helluva job last night keeping it in front through three overtimes. I did this truck last year before the Covid stuff and haven't raced it yet, soon hopefully. Its a resin body sitting on an H&R adjustable chassis. Pattos peel and stick decals. Guess I'll need a set of his 2021 decals now!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ben Rhodes2.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	82559

Name:	Ben Rhodes1.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	82560

He won that race three times last nite. Great job of driving and re-starts. I expected to see even more crashes with those guys turning right and left on a wet track!!! Sure beats most of the oval racing.

It has been amazing that there is almost no coverage of any practice at Daytona. The cameras are there, the announcers are there, the cameramen and engineers are out at the beach. It wouldn't take much to fire it all up and show some practice. Used to be several hours ever day. Now there is no practice coverage. I can only guess nobody cares about it anymore and re-runs of soccer get better ratings. It's sure a big change from where Nascar was 10 years ago.
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

Looks great! I've been looking for a plastic model to do a truck. Whose body did you use.

I'd like to do my man Johnny Sauter, but my wife's maiden name is Rhodes so I'd do the #99 as second choice but there are lots of beautiful liveries in the truck series!

BB

Comment

Thanks, this was a resin body I got out at our local track. Not sure who cast it but I’ll check it out. There are several 1/24 model kits out there, EBay and such.

Comment

• mattb
          mattb commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve, at one time the guy that did the bodies at the track was one of the guys that also made them for Chimneyville Hobbies. They are great castings. Chimneyville probably has that body for sale.

Originally posted by Sadco Racing View Post
        Thought I'd throw a little love towards the local young man from Louisville, KY that won the first two truck races. He did a helluva job last night keeping it in front through three overtimes. I did this truck last year before the Covid stuff and haven't raced it yet, soon hopefully. Its a resin body sitting on an H&R adjustable chassis. Pattos peel and stick decals. Guess I'll need a set of his 2021 decals now!!!

Name:	Ben Rhodes2.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	82559

Name:	Ben Rhodes1.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	82560
        Great job! Looks awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mattb View Post
          He won that race three times last nite. Great job of driving and re-starts. I expected to see even more crashes with those guys turning right and left on a wet track!!! Sure beats most of the oval racing.

It has been amazing that there is almost no coverage of any practice at Daytona. The cameras are there, the announcers are there, the cameramen and engineers are out at the beach. It wouldn't take much to fire it all up and show some practice. Used to be several hours ever day. Now there is no practice coverage. I can only guess nobody cares about it anymore and re-runs of soccer get better ratings. It's sure a big change from where Nascar was 10 years ago.
          Agree, this year coverage has been so weak, like back in the 80's weak.

Nice job on that truck, decal job sets it off nice.

Comment

SWEEEEEEEETNESS!!
            TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!

Comment

I think around the late 80's we had Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons and Ned Jarrett. There has never been a better team in the booth. There wasn't hours of mindless talk and races didn't take 5 hours because of extended flags and commercials. Bob is fighting brain cancer now, I hope somehow he can beat it.

When DW and Larry Mac and that crew came into the booth, they thought they were the stars of the show and they even got Mike Joy thinking he was a star. These guys forgot people tuned in to see and hear about what was happening on the track. An occasional story was nice, but with every word being "I", those guys got old real quick. I was glad to see that they have put a muzzle on Michael Waltrip this year. I have turned off a few races just because of him.

Go Ben, this kid can drive.
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

• williamg
                williamg commented
                Editing a comment
                Benny Parsons was awesome. Neil Bonnet was good too, Eli Gold even.
                The Waltrips I can definitely pass on.
                Shame the coverage of events this year is lean. I guess we are spoiled from the years it was on 4 and 5 hours a day every day of speed weeks. Now we are back to as much coverage as we had 35 years ago.

Nice looking truck Steve, first one of those I seen built that good. Looks like Valvoline is not throwing around the money they used to, that decal is awfully small. hillbilly

Comment

Thank Terry, yeah the pandemic has hit my sponsor pretty hard too!!! (Had to sneak that decal in there lol)

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1