Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fully adjustable 1/24 chassis I have built for our club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also would like some info to order couple of chassis. This could be another way for clubs or slot shops to make some extra $. This looks like 1/24. Maybe a smaller version for 1/32?
    I wish more was available in the USA.
    Lance Sofa racer

Comment

Update on this chassis guys. I should have the first shipment all ready to go next week.

Some of you expressed interest in these. Right now we will have around 10 leftover to sell, so if you would like one drop me a line and we can get it going.

They will come with universal side pans which can be trimmed to fit anybody, and you can also add a front pan as most of us do to aid in handling.

This is a great way to build a high performance 1/24 slot car, and can be adapted to nearly any size car. The only downside with my kit is it will only include the mount for a 16d motor. You can get one screw in a 13d/Hawk 7 type motor with it. But you will need to do a little work to put something smaller in them!

Key features over others on the market:
      .063 Brass Main plate (no need to shim pans and nose plate to sit flush)
      18ga Stainless steel brackets and mounts
      Entire chassis is 2-56 hardware so you can easily replace fasteners.
      Cooling slots for motor
      Bearing bores are 3/16" for any standard BB or Bushing.
      Come with Pans!

MADE IN THE USA, right here in Oregon.

I am also working on scaling this basic design down for 1/32 use, which will be similar to a plafit etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	95719511_2926548050731955_6884075639041687552_n.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	35733

Comment

PM Sent about one please.
        Dennis Samson

Scratchbuilding is life
        Life is scratchbuilt

Comment

PM sent for more info on chassis
          LAnce
          Lance Sofa racer

Comment

Very nice chassis there, Zack!

Allan

Comment

• ZackM
              ZackM commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Allan!

Zack

Looking good! Looks more user friendly than a plafit.

Comment

Update to this thread guys.

I am doing another run of 30 cars here in the next month. The first run sold out almost completely in the first few weeks. Many racers in my local club have now been running them and they are without a doubt tougher than the Scholer and Sloting Plus competition. They also seems to be more than competitive on weight and MUCH more user friendly.

Depending on the tire size and motor you choose gears can be a problem for this style car, I am currently working on a brass 64 pitch solution that will come in the 50t-56t range so you can run tires up to and over 1" appropriately.

If you would like one of these cars, please let me know so that I can try and gauge whether or not 30 cars is going to last a while longer this round.

The attached picture is of a "TA2" class we run. Utilizing 1" tires the cars have a much more scale look while still being very high performance!

These chassis run about $75, with cut-to-fit side pans included as well as all the SS hardware to assemble the kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	75534268_3043767668972183_3142141822566924288_n.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	53416

Zack
              Attached Files

Comment

That built up chassis looks really good Zack

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
                  That built up chassis looks really good Zack
                  Thank you. They are really high performance cars for not being scratch built etc.

I have an order of 30 cars pending right now. I am also working on a new order of brass spur gears for the guys who want to run high power!

Zack

Comment

Yeah mark me down. PM or email me. I like trying new toys

I need a "ZackDaddy" chassis for my truck builds!
                    -Harry

Comment

• ZackM
                      ZackM commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will hit you up Harry. They are great for all sorts of oddball builds, they handle well. I plan on putting some carrera 1/24 bodies on a couple!

Zack

I got 30 complete kits ordered up today guys. They will be available in 2-3 weeks.

Stay tuned!

Zack

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1