Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Other 1/24 Project...Strombecker Porsche: Updated....Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Other 1/24 Project...Strombecker Porsche: Updated....Again.

I started a thread about this over on the "slotblog" forum; some of you have probably already seen it, but in the interest of fair play () I'd like to post a couple of pix and thoughts here as well...if I may.

Here it was as listed on eBay:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Strommy Porsche #1.jpg Views:	21 Size:	172.3 KB ID:	24794

Click image for larger version  Name:	Strommy Porsche #2.jpg Views:	21 Size:	155.4 KB ID:	24793

Since a large section of the back window was missing, it was suggested I try to make this into a "Spyder" version.

After some body work and general fussing (and a Ranalli 36D can) here's what I've come up with so far:

Click image for larger version  Name:	312.jpg Views:	25 Size:	25.7 KB ID:	24795

Click image for larger version  Name:	313.jpg Views:	24 Size:	26.4 KB ID:	24796

Obviously, it's by no means an "accurate" model: I bought this simply as a project piece to introduce me to 1/24 scale. I had never done anything in this size, and hoped to get a feel for working in the bigger scale.

In that regard I'm pleased with the experience and what I have learned. I like working with the bigger size, and there are a lot of people who know 1/24 and are willing to help. Plus, there is a seemingly endless supply of vintage parts for the scale still available...which is really cool.

Any thoughts/advice/comments are welcome!

Mark in Oregon

PS: Last Pix:

Click image for larger version  Name:	3:3:2.jpg Views:	29 Size:	28.3 KB ID:	24873

Click image for larger version  Name:	3:2:1.jpg Views:	29 Size:	28.4 KB ID:	24874

Here it is with decals:

Click image for larger version

Name:	#10.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	26506

...done except for new tires; and maybe I can find someone who makes replacement headlight covers.

Attached Files
    Last edited by strummer57; March 13, 2020, 08:18 PM. Reason: Just updating...
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1