1/24 Vespa Special Novi 1956 Indy Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/24 Vespa Special Novi 1956 Indy Car

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010012.JPG Views:	22 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	23914Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010013.JPG Views:	20 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	23915Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010015.JPG Views:	22 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	23916
    I got tired of looking at this project and decided to put it back on the front burner a couple weeks ago! This was the Novi driven by Paul Russo in 56. It ran record laps, but didn't win the race. This was a body that Lance Sellers loaned to me and I made a really poor mold, but did make a couple usable bodies. Lances kit was long out of production, but he had a local friend with an unbuilt kit and those guys were nice enough to loan me the body to make a mold. I had to be really careful to not hurt that original body. I taped up openings and barely made a usable mold. The bodies are rough and require a bit of work to get paint ready.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010025.JPG Views:	20 Size:	155.6 KB ID:	23917
    I did this Belond Special using another one of these bodies a couple years ago. It has been run a lot and is beat up, but it's still a nice driving, fast car. While the body is not exactly the same as the real car, it is close enough to suit me. These are all either Sprints Plus or LVJ chassis.
    Last edited by mattb; February 25, 2020, 01:08 PM.
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Nice work Matt ........nice to see something out of the ordinary.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Comment

Appreciate that Chris....Not quite in the league with what you build, ,,,,but for me it is about as good as I can do.....It would have been possible to do more chassis work and get the body slightly lower but the guide flag would have to be moved back... I've found that moving the flag back in relation to the front wheels usually hurts handling and we do race these cars.....It may not look so good next year!!!!!
      Matt B
      So. In
      Crashers

Comment

Nice work, Matt. Very fun to see, I would love to run on your track some time. They would definitely be a hoot!
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Paul I have plenty of cars ready to go. Stop by some Tuesday nite while you are out running around!
          Matt B
          So. In
          Crashers

Comment

Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1