First time 1/24 drag car build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time 1/24 drag car build

I am looking for some advice, I will be building a hard body bar car for drag racing it will be a 1995 mustang body, I am looking for all the chassis parts, chassis, axles, tires bushings/bearings, braids, guide wheelie bar wheels. I am new to the world of slot cars and not sure what parts work together, I don't want to purchase stuff that doesn't work together. I also want to stay as inexpensive as possible as I am not sure the group I am building the car for will be serious or not. any help would be appreciated

In the world of slot car drag racing, the "inexpensive" part is non-existent.

Chassis, wheels, tires, bushings, motors...price of the kiut...etcs...its gonna cost. I would say easily over $150 as a start. And that is a mild estimate.
    -Harry

Comment

$150 is relatively cheap, I just don’t want to buy stuff that I don’t need or doesn’t work together, contacted a online sales place wouldn’t give me info any help/advise is welcomed

Comment

If you're bracket racing just go to PCH hobbies and order a complete chassis and put your body on it. If you can find a Parma Edge that is an excellent place to start. When you are ready for head to head or top et racing you can start building your own. By then you will have a better idea of what you want.

Comment

If you're handy soldering brass, you can make a drag car fairly cheap.
          Will you be racing it at an organized group? Or just something you want to build?

Slot Car Corner has a lot of drag race stuff that might be of interest to you.

https://slotcarcorner.com/

Scroll down the left hand side of their main page, and you'll see "drag racing parts".
          Have fun....
          Dickie Pearson
          Canterbury, NH

HOST - Home Operated Slot Tracks
          MSR - Main Street Racing

Comment

First question is what class (motor size)are you planning to run EVERYTHING else about the build depends on the answer
            Dave
            Peterborough Ont
            CANADA

Comment

It will be a heads up style race, not really organized guy built a track and sets it at his work. Can motor is all he said about motors, it 140 for the weight of the car.

Comment

Heads up
                anything goes ?
                GET YOUR WALLET OUT 😎
                Dave
                Peterborough Ont
                CANADA

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1