Carrera Lola T70 Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera Lola T70 Tires

Anyone that’s picked up one of these cars has probably been confounded with the tires.
    Forum sponsor Sot Invasion makes a replacement tire for the oddball factory wheel. Sadly, that tire isn’t stocked in the US. I am going to have the US branch bring some in for me. If anyone would like some for their Lola, please jump on the bandwagon by contacting Slot Invasion USA.

David Weidler

If you're talking 1/24, CincySlots sells silicone tires for it.

Comment

Talking urethanes here.
      Lola tires are not listed on Cincy Slots website nor on the Supertires website.

Comment

Glad to hear you have found a source of SI tyres David.

If you run into a blank wall with the SI tyres send me a message I am sure we can do something about getting some MJK tyres to you. We pay around US$5 a pair for them.

cheers
        David
        Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

• Zcarfan
          Zcarfan commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd be interested in a pair if they are urethane.

Originally posted by WB2 View Post
        Talking urethanes here.
        Lola tires are not listed on Cincy Slots website nor on the Supertires website.
        I might be wrong but CincySlots makes their own 1/24 sillies for Carreras with assistance from SuperTires.

Comment

When I bought my 1/24 Lola I ran into the same problem. I pinged Paul Gage, and he said he was working on a tire for those wheels. Been a few months so I don't know if he has them yet.
          Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-a...gends-bullring

Comment

• WB2
            WB2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I contacted him a while back. He said he was not going to make a tire for the Lola since Carrera tried to reinvent the wheel.
            I looked into filing the rib down but that’s a no-go. Oddly, the inside diameter and outside diameter of the “rim” are not the same, the inside being smaller.

• Zcarfan
            Zcarfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh no, that's a bummer to hear. I do recall him saying that the diameter differences were an issue.

Maybe I should see if I can organise to get some MJK tyres shipped to one of you guys and you can then ship them on to others, or I can check with Bruce at Cincyslots and see if he wants to carry some.

Postage for a 1/2kg package is about $18 and for a 1kg package to the US would be around $25 with insurance. You could get a lot of tyres in a 1kg package.

The tyres work are around $5US a pair.

It seems postage from the US is a bit of the problem at the moment I don't know if it is the same the other way.

MJK tyres are a urethane tyres. They make a good range of tyres for quite a few of the Carrera 1/24 cars now including hard front tyres. They are good tyres.

cheers
          David

Comment

• WB2
            WB2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the offer, but at this time I’m going to wait for a trial pair from Slot Invasion.
            It might be easier to have SI bring more into the US since they already have a presence here.

• 32lbking
            32lbking commented
            Editing a comment
            Contacting Bruce might be a good idea. I'm sure plenty of those cars have been sold here in the States and the cars really are undrivable with stock tires [at least on MY unpainted Carrera track]. There is also a guy on ebay also that sells a lot of Slot Invasion stuff , but not the tires.[ ebay user name is oscars torch ]. Might be the same guy that runs the Slot invasion usa site, I'm not sure.
            Randy

• WB2
            WB2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same guy.

Originally posted by WB2 View Post
          Anyone that’s picked up one of these cars has probably been confounded with the tires.
          Forum sponsor Sot Invasion makes a replacement tire for the oddball factory wheel. Sadly, that tire isn’t stocked in the US. I am going to have the US branch bring some in for me. If anyone would like some for their Lola, please jump on the bandwagon by contacting Slot Invasion USA.

David Weidler
          Hey David, I obviously didn't read your post very well. Lol. That's happening more and more lately.
          I'm going to contact him about a pair. I have GT40 axles that I am going to use on mine, but I'm curious how the SI tires will work and want to try them out.
          Randy

Comment

"Thanks for the offer, but at this time I’m going to wait for a trial pair from Slot Invasion.
            It might be easier to have SI bring more into the US since they already have a presence here."

I was answering a post on another forum about SI replacement guides and noticed the SI USA website. I jumped back to this thread to tell you guys to message them and ask them to get SI tyres in. Good to see you are a step ahead of me.

I have Slot Invasion tyres on 2 of my 3 Lolas - I bought them from Austria (not to be confused with Australia) The Slot Invasion tyres are good tyres. I am not sure of the Shore rating but my best guesstimate would be around 40-45 - similar to Paul Gage standard tyres. The MJK tyres are a bit softer than that, once again I don't know the proper shore rating. I also have SI tyres on a handful of other cars. I find them comparable to other urethane tyres.

Because I can get MJK locally I will be sticking to them for future Lolas however I will pick up some Slot Invasion tyres for other Carrera cars along with some Frankenslot and Ortmanns.

cheers
            David

Comment

• 32lbking
              32lbking commented
              Editing a comment
              David I've been wondering if you trued your Lola urethane tires, or are you just using them as they came.
              Does the tire diameter of the urethanes appear to be a little larger than the stock tire?
              Thanks,
              Randy

Scalextric does the silly different inner and outer diameter as well. It started with the introduction of the Javelin?

Comment

I just got this email from SlotInvasion USA that they now have a limited supply of the T70 urethane fronts and rears... save some for everyone... they have more coming in 6 weeks..

Good afternoon,
              FYI, the Carrera 1/24 Lola T70 Tires (front and rear) are now available on our website. Please keep in mind that we have very few in stock and the next shipment is only expected in 6+ weeks.
              Also, I suggest you look at the complete rear end performance kit for the Lola, with suspension, motor mount, axle carrier, tires and wheels etc etc...
              Links below:

1/24 Carrera Lola T70- Urethane front and rear tires for stock plastic wheels:
              https://www.slotinvasionusa.com/prod...c9bbfe50&_ss=r

1/24 Carrera Lola T70-Complete racing rear end with suspension: motor/axle mount, complete rear axle with alum. wheels and tires, gear+ pinion, spacers etc:
              https://www.slotinvasionusa.com/prod...c9bbfe50&_ss=r

Thank you for your interest.
              Stay well,

Oscar Azevedo
              slotinvasionusa.com
              Ed Magner
              Portage, MI

Comment

• WB2
                WB2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Received same and have some on order.

Got my SI tires and gave them a brief try this morning.
              I used a new out of the box Lola running at 18 volts. This was new for me, as I remotor my Carreras and run on 12 volts.
              Stock tires worked well with magnets but were like running on ice without.
              SI tires were a vast improvement.

I’m curious if others that use these tires true them or use them straight out of the package.
              Same question on the Carrera rims.

I noticed the Austin (Texas) slot car club specified MJK tires for one class they ran. I would assume they had a US source for those tires. Anyone here run with that group?

Comment

Hi Bill missed your comment sorry.

I glue and true all my tyres on Carrera 1/24. Glue them on with Sally Hansen clear nail polish and then polish them up on my tyre Truer - start with 200 grit and work up to 800 and 1200 grit wet and dry paper.

I did run a set of MJKs straight out of the packet and the car went well but once you push it to the limits you get a bit of shudder if the tyres aren't glued on. Once glued on you can run them with out truing but I think you can get a couple of tenths of a second by truing them

Comment

• WB2
                  WB2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was a bit concerned with the wonky wheels on the Lola. Lots of plastic there, and they are hollowed out. Plus, the SI tread has to be thin to account for the large wheel rib. The tires did show even wear across the tread; no high or low spots like other urethanes.
                  As for glueing - you betcha! The Carrera Corvette C7R is a heavy car. It’s rolled the unglued PG tires right off the rims.
              Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1