Frakenslot Karts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frakenslot Karts

Anyone have any experience with frankenslot karts, quality build availability? I'm interested in getting a couple and was curious as to what is out there? I have NINCO carts and enjoy them but was looking to step it up a little. Thank for any information.

I was looking at them to run on a 1/32 track. From everything I have found, they have extremely good chassis and hardware, but bodies and cosmetics are minimal.

Comment

I was wondering about that. The kit also needs to have wheels and tires as well, slotcar-factory in Germany carries them. Not sure if anyone else has these?? Very tempting to get a couple of these to run.

Comment

I was fooling with a larger scale kart scratch build - that dimensionally would end up sized like a 1/24 - so sort of similar to this kind of thing.

I’m also Interested if anyone has had these or has run them.

The driver looks undersized and the rims seem oversized - but the general idea seems good.

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

Try this, but use Chrome to get a translation: https://www.freeslotter.de/index.php...arts/&pageNo=1
          You’ll get some good pictures of the car, both raw and decorated.

Comment

So I contacted Slotcar Factory about the kit and what is included.

hello, in the kit is included everything except rims and tires
            You can also use other wheels with 3 mm axles.
            The ground clearance of 1mm is designed for a tire diameter of 24 mm

So the chassis design I think affects the size of the wheels and tires. I agree that the two items you mentioned look off the driver and the wheel sizes. I'd be interested in what you come up with.

I also got a quote for two kits plus two wheel kits shipped for about 175EUR.

Comment

You may want to look at the Nonno slot karts before going for the Frankenslot version.

Electric Dreams, and others stock the Nonno Slot karts.

Cheers
              Chris Walker

Comment

Nice find, I will look into those as well. I didn't know that Nonno made Karts.

Thanks

Comment

• chrisguyw
                  chrisguyw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think you will like them !!,.....a nice handling flexi board chassis design, and, the vertical placement of the axles, allows for more realistically sized wheels/tires.

Have one on order! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by GTI View Post
                  Have one on order! Thank you.
                  I think you will be pleased,........., but, as with anything, a couple of adjustments/truing will make a big difference.

Cheers
                  Chris Walker

PS post an update when you have received /run your kart

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1