New Project or should I say New Toy -- Virtual Pinball Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project or should I say New Toy -- Virtual Pinball Machine

Well Harry was good enough to give us this forum,might as well use it..
    I've had several pinball machines over the years.As I do with a lot of my stuff,sold them off.
    I can work on these ,to a point.Fun stuff..
    Always enjoyed the pins but wanted something more.
    Well they have been developing a Virtual pinball machine over the last several years.
    These are operated thru roms thru a computer.
    Sounds kinda lame the first time you hear about it.
    But.......
    It's not.I've got a real good buddy that is a wiz on computers.
    That is what Keith does for a living.Asked him about what he thought it would take to
    get one of these up and running.He was curious to say the least.
    He studied the system and started downloading the many items that is needed to
    make this work.It is not plug and play.Lucky for me he enjoyed doing so.
    Had a Hoss of a computer that needed a mother board.
    Got that in and he installed it.,I built the cabinet out of scraps that we had laying around.
    I installed a Keyboard encoder for the buttons,bought a couple of 32 TVs and here we are.
    Tons of fun.We have over 300 pinball tables installed.
    This plays like a real pinball,the sounds are like a real table.
    Plus you have so many choices of which table to play.
    Hard to explain ,but it is not like a video game.It feels like a pin,plays like a pin.Even has nudge buttons
    so one can bump the play field,just like a real pin..My camera makes the play field look washed out.It is not,it has a
    3-D effect...
    Fun stuff.If interested do a search on U-tube..
    Rusty
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02039.JPG Views:	0 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	55164
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02038.JPG Views:	0 Size:	145.0 KB ID:	55165
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02041.JPG Views:	0 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	55166
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02042.JPG Views:	0 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	55167
    Rusty

Love the idea. I spent many days during my college years playing Pinball and ordering draft beer by the tray. I remember the first video tank game as well. Static electricity and a quarter touching the control panel would get you free games.

The whole shaking and nudging is what makes the pinball experience real.

Comment

This plays so much like a real pin,it is scary.You find yourself not even thinking of the screen.
      Static electricity and a quarter touching the control panel would get you free games.
      Talking about the 1st video games.I remember they put a Pac-Man in the store that I worked at.
      Didn't take long for the guys to realize that a tap from a Coke bottle,in the right place would give you free games......
      They finally put a metal plate on it to stop that...
      Then we had Galaga.........
      Didn't think it could get any better then that....
      The whole shaking and nudging is what makes the pinball experience real
      I agree with that totally.I do have some nudge buttons on this one.Right below the flipper buttons.
      They work well,but you do find your self trying to shake the table.
      There is a way to set this system up with a special board and programming,so that when you move the cab,it registers on the play field..
      We just haven't gotten that deep into it..
      The nudge button work well enough.
      Rusty
      Last edited by ourwayband; November 17, 2020, 02:31 PM.
      Rusty

Comment

You know You've made it when You're the feature-attraction on a pin ball machine...

Comment

LOL
          Rusty

Comment

Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1