New Project or should I say New Toy -- Virtual Pinball Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project or should I say New Toy -- Virtual Pinball Machine

Well Harry was good enough to give us this forum,might as well use it..
    I've had several pinball machines over the years.As I do with a lot of my stuff,sold them off.
    I can work on these ,to a point.Fun stuff..
    Always enjoyed the pins but wanted something more.
    Well they have been developing a Virtual pinball machine over the last several years.
    These are operated thru roms thru a computer.
    Sounds kinda lame the first time you hear about it.
    But.......
    It's not.I've got a real good buddy that is a wiz on computers.
    That is what Keith does for a living.Asked him about what he thought it would take to
    get one of these up and running.He was curious to say the least.
    He studied the system and started downloading the many items that is needed to
    make this work.It is not plug and play.Lucky for me he enjoyed doing so.
    Had a Hoss of a computer that needed a mother board.
    Got that in and he installed it.,I built the cabinet out of scraps that we had laying around.
    I installed a Keyboard encoder for the buttons,bought a couple of 32 TVs and here we are.
    Tons of fun.We have over 300 pinball tables installed.
    This plays like a real pinball,the sounds are like a real table.
    Plus you have so many choices of which table to play.
    Hard to explain ,but it is not like a video game.It feels like a pin,plays like a pin.Even has nudge buttons
    so one can bump the play field,just like a real pin..My camera makes the play field look washed out.It is not,it has a
    3-D effect...
    Fun stuff.If interested do a search on U-tube..
    Rusty
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02039.JPG Views:	0 Size:	143.9 KB ID:	55164
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02038.JPG Views:	0 Size:	145.0 KB ID:	55165
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02041.JPG Views:	0 Size:	147.2 KB ID:	55166
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC02042.JPG Views:	0 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	55167
    Rusty
Working...
X
UA-149438709-1