Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip down memory lane..

-Harry

Thanks I enjoyed the fact that the car didn’t get a restoration just a good old HRW tuneup
    nice to see a survivor on the track
    Dave
    Peterborough Ont
    CANADA

Comment

Great to see! Thanks for sharing Harry!

Comment

The old Cox cars can still run pretty well!
        Come Race at The Trace!
        Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
        https://cults3d.com/en/users/chappyman662/creations

Comment

I had a Cox Ferrari F1 in the late 60s. I finally spray painted it fluorescent pink so it would be easier to find underneath the track. It never was a good handling car. This car disappeared while being stored at my parents home.

Comment

Car runs well.
            Thank you for the share

Comment

Loved the old Cox Chappy!

Link for Paul Gage tires?

Andre
              Andre Ming
              Poteau, OK

Comment

Great video and PG tires are the way to go.
              I had a couple of my 60's cars out last night as well.
              Brad
              Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

The old Cox mag frame cars were pretty clunky and not very raceable. The Lotus was the best body design for handling. I saw the great modification Chris did to a mag frame car, by adding the belly pan and locking down the drop arm. It was a high quality build. I decided to try to do something similar, although my skill level is way below his. I made a rough brass pan to fit the bottom and locked the drop arm. Lowered the body and made it float a bit. Put some silicones tires on it and it runs pretty good. It is capable of running laps as fast as the cars we actually race with brass chassis, FK 180's and vac bodies. It is like nite and day to the original setup. That said, you could race the originals if none were modified except for tires. You just can't push them hard.
                Matt B
                So. In
                Crashers

Comment

Originally posted by mattb View Post
                  The old Cox mag frame cars were pretty clunky and not very raceable. I saw the great modification Chris did to a mag frame car, by adding the belly pan and locking down the drop arm. I

Hi Matt,.......I think you mean this one (and thanks for the compliment) ,................for the folks who have not seen it,.......it runs extremely well !!

Cheers
                  Chris Walker

I have done another 1/24 Cox chassis like this, and a couple in 1/32

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4149-copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.8 KB ID:	113962

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4143-copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.8 KB ID:	113963

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4134-copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	225.7 KB ID:	113964

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4133-copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.7 KB ID:	113965

Comment

Not that I had anything earth shaking to compare it to, but back in the mid 60's my 1:32 Cox Ford GT was my dream car. Used it all the time on my home Strombecker track and occasionally at a commercial track. It was a kit I assembled and completely stock. I loved that car and can't recall what happened to it.

Comment

slothead:

Re: Cox 1/32 Ford GT...

I had one, too. Like you, I really liked it. I think I recall it being quite a bit quicker than my 3-pin Strombecker's at the time.

Andre
                      Andre Ming
                      Poteau, OK

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1