Old controllers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old controllers.

I've won a pair of old controllers and looking for some information about them !
    when I was younger I remember using simmler at the local track and remember my hands not quite big enough and burning my fingers on the plunger .

The MRC controller was the class of the field in it's day. Well built with premium components, smooth operation, and a company that still exists to this day is proof of it's superior quality. As a young teen I saved my money until I could buy one, skipped the (also well made) COX controller that many of my friends jumped at buying, and never regretted the purchase. I have a few of the MRC controllers still to this day, just to use for FUN when the occasion arises.
    The other controller looks very similar to the one BZ sold in the US, and may in fact be the original Japanese version. I'm just throwing this theory out there, of course. Anyone have any info on this unit? Either way, enjoy your vintage controllers, whether for running cars or just for the collection.
    Thanks for the look. Stay safe, healthy, and... have FUN with the hobby! -- Ernie
    Last edited by BIG E; October 1, 2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ernie great information, something that kept coming up when trying to find out more about the other one is (Tamiya ) I'm not sure if Tamiya build controllers but I'm guessing that it's a copy of someone elses as the Japanese were very good at?

Comment

Late to the party but I have some old paperwork on this controller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Controller1q.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	123026

Click image for larger version

Name:	Controller2q.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	123025
        Attached Files

Comment

• BIG E
          BIG E commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! And... Thank You! -- Ernie

Thanks, interesting reading great to know a little more about the products I have!
        John.

Comment

We like to make trophy tops out of them.
          Clover Leaf Racing 7746 Clyde Road Fenton MI 48430 U.S.A. 313-473-SLOT
          web site: https://cloverleafracing.com Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloverleafracing
          YouTube Chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLR132slots?feature=watch

Comment

I turned one into a track call button on a 15 foot cable that the marshall at the back of my track can use.
            Brad
            Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

I had one of those MRC "Endura" controllers! Smooth as butter... didn't get hot as I recall, and with that big lip at the top, you could use a relaxed grip if you could make yourself not clinch it for all you're worth in the heat of battle!

Quality. When depressing the plunger between the two, the smoothness, silence, and quality feel of the MRC made the Cox controller's of my friends feel and sound "cheap".

I wuz stylin' !!

😁
              Andre Ming
              Poteau, OK

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1