HELP NEEDED: ID AND CLIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP NEEDED: ID AND CLIP

I just got this from Ebay and need some help identifying the chassis and locating the missing motor clip.

Regards
    Rico

Hi Rico,
    That's a 1/24 Marx Ferrari 250GTO. It often came with a Chapparal 2A in a light blue color. They can be fun cars. I don't have any spare motor clips, although I think you can still find them around.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

you dont need no stinking motor clip. duc tape baby duc tape

Comment

you check with Bill yet? he might have something in his vast stash of slot car stuff...

Comment

Hi Rico, If you can't find one,.........I have made a few from some thin brass strip.........much easier than you think

Cheers
          Chris Walker

Comment

Thank you all for the replies, much appreciated. Doc, Duct tape? It had a zip tie on it when I got it, get your Rube Goldberg repairs in order buddy. Chris, I used to have a spare Cox motor clip I could re-purpose, that is if I can find it.

Rico
            Last edited by Reek455; April 7, 2020, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

I managed to make a clip that seems to be holding. I won't know for sure until we can get back to racing.

Comment

• chrisguyw
                  chrisguyw commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beauty. !!!......If it is noisy/vibrates, put a small piece of foam tape on the top of the motor can, under the clip.........it will reduce vibration/noise, and make the clip hold better !!
              Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1