Aurora 1/32 slot cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora 1/32 slot cars.

I went to a Christmas craft/ antique fair this past December with the wife. Found this pair for sale for $25. Couldn't pass them up. Cleaned them up and got some PG replacement tires from Slot Car Corner. Did smaller tires in the front to get the guide a bit deeper. The Mercury is missing the hood scoop. These cars run really good! Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_220638.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	141360

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_220652.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	141361

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220105_220713.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	141362

WOW! nice score.
    Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
    Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Great looking rides..Had a couple of those Aurora cars a few years back.They are fun to run for sure..Great idea on the smaller tires up front..
      Have you got any more shots of your layout?I know it has been posted some time back,but would be cool to see again.
      Rusty
      Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

• dge467
        dge467 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure,I'll get some pic's of the track soon.

That was a great find, they would have come home with me too.
      Brad
      Ayton, ON Canada

Comment

I'll bet that those cars are a lot of fun. I had the Aurora 1/32nd Ford GT back in the mid '60s, it was fast enough to run on a 220' commercial track.

Comment

Great deal and those are real collector cars. Glad you found them.
          Matt B
          So. In
          Crashers

Comment

$25??

You done REAL good!

Love 'em.

Back then I was the first in the neighborhood to have a K&B "A-Jet" powered car. All my peers had been poo-pooing K&B's as "junk". Once my A-Jet powered car dusted their azzes on one of their tracks, they sung a different tune: "I think I'll get a K&B!".

During that same time frame, I also purchased a basic Aurora 8 set that was on clearance. I think I recall a Pontiac and Mustang as the cars. Had aprons, wood fences... made into a great short track oval. Had a ton of fun with it.

Fun times.

Andre
            Andre Ming
            Poteau, OK

Comment

25 bucks for the pair, WOW! Guys are asking well upwards of $50 each for those cars at the shows, especially in that condition. The Comet is a hard one to find, especially complete. Don't worry about the hood scoop, it looks better without it! Thanks for the photos, and... ENJOY! -- Ernie

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1