Wake up this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up this forum

Nothing posted for weeks in the vintage forum, so thought I’d repost some pics of the rarest and best plastic track made (although 50 years old, at least as good, if not better, than Carerra…with an extra lane): true 1/24 scale three lane Scalextric track.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16E14F21-7871-456D-897C-929C701B98D3.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	4.32 MB
ID:	134331

Ha! Yeah I remember that track!
    -Harry

Comment

Todd, do you still have some of that track? I thought you had sold all of it.

My neatest old slot car. Not really so old, repro packaging and new vac form bubble, like original. Original chassis. Repro body from a mold I sent Patto 25 years ago. Driver I made using the original I had for the mold and stickers on the side that were photocopied form loose stickers on the original car I did have. My original is in the LASCM now.
      I just think this simple slot car is neat!

Name:	5849.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	134338
      Matt B
      So. In
      Crashers

Comment

I'd love to find a heap of that old Scalextric 1.24 track at a good price but I think that's a pipe dream these days!

Comment

To find a box of 3 lane would be just short of a miracle, especially in America. I guess it is still kind of around in England, but in the US it is a rarity. I always liked the look of Todd's 3 lane tracks. I figured it you really wanted a 3 lane track, you could probably buy used Carrera and do a 4 lane setup then cut off the outside lane and have 3 lanes. I bet this would be cheaper than buying real Scalex 3 lane.
          Matt B
          So. In
          Crashers

Comment

These would love your track. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200430_135215.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	134396 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200430_135610.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	134397 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200430_135347.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	134399 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200430_135627.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	134398
            Attached Files

Comment

• mattb
              mattb commented
              Editing a comment
              There's the real deal from the 60's.

WHEW! Glad to see this thread wasn't what I thought it could be.

I read the title and thought "oh no... the 'woke' BS has come to HRW."

BTW: Nice looking track you've set up!

Andre
            Andre Ming
            Poteau, OK

Comment

• Zcarfan
              Zcarfan commented
              Editing a comment
              We didn’t need that here.

Todd, it's always good to see the 3 lane Scalex track. Very cool. I came across a batch of 3 lane Strombecker a few years ago very inexpensively and used it to finance part of my wood track. The 3 lane stuff is the rarest of the rare.

I have the Marx 1/24, and though they have advertisements and part numbers for outer curves to make a 4 lane set I have never come across any....I think it just didn't get made.
            Come Race at The Trace!
            Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
            https://www.thingiverse.com/chappyman66/designs

Comment

Originally posted by mattb View Post
              Todd, do you still have some of that track? I thought you had sold all of it.

My neatest old slot car. Not really so old, repro packaging and new vac form bubble, like original. Original chassis. Repro body from a mold I sent Patto 25 years ago. Driver I made using the original I had for the mold and stickers on the side that were photocopied form loose stickers on the original car I did have. My original is in the LASCM now.
              I just think this simple slot car is neat!

Name:	5849.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	134338
              Matt…yup, sold it off. THEN collected more. What you see in that picture is about 75% of what I currently own,

I also have about 15 or so sections of the Strombecker 3 lane.

Comment

Funny how this collecting thing works. You search and trade and buy and get what you want. You change goals and get rid of it. Find out how much you miss it and collect it again. I remember when you had the Strom 3 lane set up. Lot of years ago.
                Matt B
                So. In
                Crashers

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1