Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

SIP 2020 Round 6 - Shelby Hendrix Speedway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I noted on another thread about the routed oval I'm building, everything was sidetracked due to some non-serious medical issues - severe bursitis in my left shoulder and a back ache that made it painful to stand up. Both are subsiding now and I expect to be moving forward with round 6 this coming week. I have to be able to sit comfortably on my racing stool for the time needed to complete a segment for all 7 cars.

All of the cars were time trialed and assigned starting positions and a start delay. The start delay will mean faster cars will have an initial handicap to overcome. Pit stops for this round's 1 Mile Challenge will be the same as for the prior race at Shelby Hendrix Speedway, but with an added tire wear factor. Strategy choices will be the same - 2 stops with each team choosing the lap #'s and approach (cautious, normal, or aggressive).

More soon.

Comment

• Racing Bandit
      Racing Bandit commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with vonsirus. Get better.

• dw5555
      dw5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto, get well 1st..

• slothead
      slothead commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the support guys. I tweaked my back again this morning attempting to do something minor on my track build. When resting in my recliner all is well so I hope to recover soon. I really enjoy hosting SIP races and am looking forward to it.

Now that I've fully recovered from some non-serious but troublesome medical issues, it's time to resume SIP 2020 Round 6 at Shelby-Hendrix Speedway.

Here's the lineup as determined previously, in the order they'll be starting the race: [start delay]

#50 - Lola T70 Mk3B - Hksk25 [0.000]
    #12 - Ford GT40 - Racing Bandit [3.360]
    #14 - Porsche 917K - Vonsirius [3.605]
    #32 - Lola T70 Mk3B - Slothead Racing [7.007]
    #57 - Porsche 917K - TC Lugnuts [11.695]
    #20 - Ford GT40 - DW5555 [13.675]
    # 4 - Porsche 917K - Chappyman66 [20.336]

The cars have all been time trialed and their qualification times used to determine the starting order. Each car has been assigned a start delay (shown above) based on it's projected performance. This should add to the drama as cars that had faster qualification times will have to catch up with slower cars as the race progresses. Faster cars should be able to pull even with the cars starting in front by the midpoint of the race if they turn in consistently fast laps. Pit stop times will once again play a role in each car's overall time needed to complete the 1 Mile Challenge which will be 92 laps of racing.

The race will be run in 3 segments of 25 laps each and a final 17 lap segment. During the delay our tire supplier was able to provide tires that can go the entire 92 laps without any issues, so tire wear will not be an issue after all.

Race rules for Round 6 will be the same as for Round 4. Each car will be able to run 40 laps on a full tank of fuel, meaning 2 pit stops will be needed. The first pit stop can occur any time between lap 12 and lap 40. The second pit stop can occur anytime between 40 laps after the first stop but no sooner than lap 52 in order for the car to complete the race. When a pits before being out of fuel it will require less time to refill the tank. In addition to selecting the pit stop laps teams also need to select a pit stop strategy - safe, normal, or aggressive. Safe pit stops will be less likely to encounter problems but will also be less likely to be as fast as possible. Normal pit stops will most likely result in average pit times. Aggressive pit stops will have a nearly equal chance of resulting in an advantage (shorter) or disadvantage (longer).

Team Slothead will repeat the pit plan used for Round 4: 1st pit stop on lap 30 (Normal), 2nd pit stop on lap 60 (Aggressive).

Teams should now submit their Round 6 pit plans (or request their plan from Round 4 to be reused). The race director is available to answer any questions teams may have.

Comment

Same plans for me, thanx

Comment

The crew T-county crew is going to mimic our prior run as it worked well for us and will go with:
        Again, backing the finish up - pitting on lap 13 aggressive and again on lap 53 aggressive.

Comment

Wow....fast qualifier..... hopefully our driver can maintain that pace in the race. We knew the car was fast.....

As a team, we know we can beat ourselves in the pits. So we are taking our normal approach and making sure we are clean and thorough in the stops while still being fast and efficient. We will be pitting on lap 53 and lap 30 with a normal strategy.
          Come Race at The Trace!
          Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

• dw5555
            dw5555 commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean 30 and then 53 right? Otherwise your gonna have to push yourself around the track for 13 laps..Unless you want to give us guys in the back a fighting chance.

• slothead
            slothead commented
            Editing a comment
            Pit stops on laps 30 & 53 is a good strategy. When you have what seems to be the best car a normal approach makes sense too.

• chappyman66
            chappyman66 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, 30 and 53 with normal strategy.

Our team fell flat on it's face in the pits last time so we're gonna change it up a bit. Pit on 25 and 50. Both normal.
          Boss Dave
          Last edited by dw5555; October 13, 2020, 09:41 AM.
          Dave
          Saginaw Valley Raceway
          Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

• slothead
            slothead commented
            Editing a comment
            That last pit stop will have to be on at least lap 52 to be able to make it to the end (lap 92). So I'll use laps 25 & 52, both normal.

SIP 2020 Round 6 Pit stop plans so far:

Slothead – Pit 1 on lap 30 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 60 (Aggressive)
          Vonsirius – Pit 1 on lap 24 (Aggressive), Pit 2 on lap 64 (Normal)
          TC Lugnuts – Pit 1 on lap 13 (Aggressive), Pit 2 on lap 53 (Aggressive)
          Chappyman66 – Pit 1 on lap 30 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 53 (Normal)
          DW5555 – Pit 1 on lap 25 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 52 (Normal)

Still needed - Hksk25 & Racing Bandit

I'm not in a rush. Probably won't get to run segment 1 till this weekend.

Comment

Hksk25 responded via PM - Pit 1 on lap 35 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 60 (Normal).

Cars are nearly ready to launch for Round 6.

Comment

Sorry been under the weather......pitstops at 25 and 50 if you please.

Comment

• slothead
                slothead commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope the race reports cheer you up. If a car does its 2nd pit stop before lap 52 it will run out of gas before 92 laps. I'll record your stops as 25 & 52, both using a normal strategy.

All the pit stop selections are in.

SIP 2020 Round 6 Pit stop plans so far:

Slothead – Pit 1 on lap 30 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 60 (Aggressive)
              Vonsirius – Pit 1 on lap 24 (Aggressive), Pit 2 on lap 64 (Normal)
              TC Lugnuts – Pit 1 on lap 13 (Aggressive), Pit 2 on lap 53 (Aggressive)
              Chappyman66 – Pit 1 on lap 30 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 53 (Normal)
              DW5555 – Pit 1 on lap 25 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 52 (Normal)
              Hksk25 - Pit 1 on lap 35 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 60 (Normal)
              Racing Bandit - Pit 1 on lap 25 (Normal), Pit 2 on lap 52 (Normal)

The race is set to begin tomorrow!

Comment

Vonsirius Racing is in good spirit. hope to be at podium places!
                Dood luck everyone!

Comment

Starting from the back we have to be patient....no sense throwing away the car when we should have the speed this time. Get through the field, then run hard to the finish! Good luck everyone!
                  Come Race at The Trace!
                  Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

SIP 2020 Round 6 is underway!

SIP 2020 Round 6 standings - 25 laps 6 7
                    Pos. Car# team time gap Pit 1 Pit 2 Deslots
                    1 #32 - Slothead Racing 267.362 -- 0.000 0.000 0
                    2 #50 - Hksk25 267.590 0.228 0.000 0.000 0
                    3 #4 - Chappyman 277.460 10.098 0.000 0.000 0
                    4 #12 - Racing Bandit 283.121 15.760 15.308 0.000 0
                    5 #20 - DW5555 288.365 21.003 14.014 0.000 0
                    6 #14 - Vonsirius 289.391 22.029 13.318 0.000 0
                    7 #57 - TC Lugnuts 296.795 29.434 15.028 0.000 0

Note that the 3 cars up front after 25 laps are the ones that haven't had a pit stop yet. The #14 Porsche 917K of Vonsirius experienced some power problems but kept running. There haven't been any spins or crashes so far.

By the end of segment 2 (50 laps) all of the cars will have completed their first pit stops and should be on equal footing.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1