Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

2020 SCCA Built thread/resources.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 SCCA Built thread/resources.

We have a relatively short time to build to keep this season on track. I found the previous build thread very helpful for figuring out what I wanted to do with my car. I decided to get this thread going over here to help people get going with their cars.

One of the questions I saw was who makes slimline motor pods for standard slot.it fitment.

I found these over at LEB Hobbies and they look to fit the bill perfectly! The have inline, sidewinder, and even anglewinder!

https://www.lebhobbies.com/slimline-...7_557_558.html

Zack

As noted in the rules this year, you will see that this proxy is now rubber tire only! The rules were amended to allow many manufacturer choices, however the undisputed king of proxy racing is the NSR Supergrip.

That said, this size should suite most of the entries in this proxy well. When trued it comes in well within the specifications for this proxy! This will work well on stock Slot.it wheels, CB 15x8 wheels, or any other wheel measuring under 8.5mm.

https://www.slotcarcorner.com/1-32-S...res-p1178.html

Zack

Comment

Started on the new Cobra Chassis. Ho yes thank you for these great parts. They fit great on to the Slot-it HRS chassis

Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	94201-10004-2-1 3/16 Insert Bushings Offset 0.00mm Slim Sidewinder

Click image for larger version

Name:	106_0022_Slimline_Sidewinder_Insert_Left.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	943

Comment

Sweet! I just received mine today, this is my first time using this product. Looks like a very good quality print, and is more rigid than I was expecting. I too went for the insert bushings so I can use a reamer and some Oilite bushings glued in.

Should be a good way to test both configuration in the same car with ease!

Zack
        Last edited by ZackM; October 7, 2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Heres what the new chassis is starting to look like
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
            Heres what the new chassis is starting to look like
            Looks like a solid start!

Zack

Comment

This years car, last years car, @ a test car
              Attached Files

Comment

How are you liking the Policar motor thus far?

Zack

Comment

I’m here.......

Allan

Comment

Well have two built. the cobra is h&r sidewinder and the GTO is inline slim can, both nsr rubber.

Comment

The Cobra is untested at this time, Need to go to the SCC track for testing.

I am all so building the , will it be sent in to the race (unknow at this time)

FordGT40#91

- Ford 289 V8/90° OHV 4727 cc N/A
                      Essex Wire Corporation Closed bodywork
                      Mid-engined
                      Drivenby: Dick Thompson (USA)/Skip Scott (USA)/Peter Revson (USA)
                      Last edited by Austin; October 17, 2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I wont be suprised if we see more than a couple gt40s this year...

Zack

Comment

Is the GT40 legal for this proxy? I didn't see it in any pictures from the suggested website.

Comment

Originally posted by arroldn View Post
                            Is the GT40 legal for this proxy? I didn't see it in any pictures from the suggested website.
                            Arrold, yes it is legal. There were two races in which the MK1 Gt40 raced in the given championships. Only the MK1 will be legal for this year.

Zack

Comment

Can any body make a suggestion for gearing , with the 18k motor .

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1