Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

Round # 3 - No. Conn. - Race Moved to Curt's Coventry Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round # 3 - No. Conn. - Race Moved to Curt's Coventry Track

The cars arrives in Northern Connecticut yesterday. They all look to be in good shape. Our plan is to hold the race next Wednesday which is our regular night for slot car racing. Unfortunately Jeremy will be on a business trip and in order to avoid delays in running the race, we've moved the race to a new track. Curt's Coventry Track is a big four lane road course with elevation changes and lane lengths are almost identical among all 4 lanes.

http://

The track just came online about 3 weeks ago and should be a fun track for the SCCA proxy cars. More details to follow as we work them out with the track owner.
    BB
    Last edited by Doubl-B; March 6, 2020, 10:57 PM.

That's a very nice track

Comment

Yes it is a nice track! Like many of us, Curt had raced slot cars a million years ago and then life took over. He built a couple of businesses and raised a family. He sold the businesses and moved back to CT and built a house and a barn. Curt came over to my house to check out the slot cars. He raced one heat on my track and announced that he was going to build a track! About 3 months later, this is what he came up with! He will add landscaping elements as time permits. Curt says the the lanes are just under 60 feet in length and vary by less than an inch. Lane separation is 3.5". It is a fun track to drive and if this proxy goes well, we'll most likely do more from this location. There is no wi-fi in the loft, so we'll probably stream the race on a cell phone again. The race is scheduled for next Wednesday night (3-12). The plan is to qualify the cars tomorrow (Sunday) during the day and results will be posted Sun night.

All for now...

BB

Comment

• arroldn
        arroldn commented
        Editing a comment
        Get that #112 to the front. That is a fantastic track.

Nice looking track. It won't look that clean after the race.
      Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

We did the qualifying today early in the afternoon. I'd like to thank Curt for helping out and letting us use his track and Neal come over to lend a hand with the qualifying effort. Curt does not have a car in the proxy so we lined up all the cars in Car Number order and started with the high numbers and counted down to Zero. Curt doesn't know the cars and doesn't know anyone involved in the proxy so it is about as impartial as you can get. We just put the car on the track and had him run 10 laps and posted Fast Times in the chart below. At the top it is the usual suspects, but I have to hand it to Glenn to getting Third Fast Qualifying time with a car that also got the Concours Award! Not too shabby! I was somehow able to get The table in an earlier round and copy modify and print the page making my Pre-Qual efforts a lot less burdensome. Thanks Zack! At any rate, here is a cut and paste of the results.

I have additional photos but will put them in a new post. Congrats to all - hope you qualified well and to those who did not qualify well (like my car) lets hope you do better in the race!
        Last edited by Doubl-B; March 8, 2020, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• arroldn
          arroldn commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't see my car listed in qualifying #112. Race one shows 22 cars.
          Last edited by arroldn; March 8, 2020, 10:39 PM.

• Doubl-B
          Doubl-B commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry Arroldn - it must have gotten cut off. I'll try to fix it tomorrow. The time was 7.878.

Thanks a lot for the qualifying round! I hope you guys are enjoying them as much as we did.

Congrats Chris and Glenn on the podiums!

Great looking track and it looks like some exciting racing is in store.

Zack

Comment

Zack, we are looking forward to the race. Unlike the first two rounds, this is a 4 lane track so 12 minutes of racing should allow the cars that shine to run away from the rest of the field. Race day tends to get a bit confusing, so Neal and I took a ton of photos...

Comment

Thank you for qualifying. Looks like the race is for 5th through 15th place so good luck on race day. Some H&R motors made it into the top 10. Let's see if the 33 can stay with the top performers so far in the proxy. I'm sure there will be a few mix ups on race day. Congrats ChrisGuyW, Zack and 101 Corvette on your qualifying, based on times this would be great video to see

Comment

Congrats to Chris, Zack and Glenn on their qualy podium finishes!

Looks like the GT40's are going to be too much for the rest of the field to handle - good racing at the top though!

Good luck to everyone in the race!

Allan

Comment

Wow my #112 really went backwards at this track. So race 1 a 16th place finish. Race 2 a 7th place finish. This car is all over the place. Maybe it can race forward from 22nd

Comment

We are going to try to start the live feed Wednesday on Facebook around 6:45 Eastern. It will be under the name:
                  Bob Boulais
                  -BB

Comment

WOW almost dropped my phone when Double B called me on the way home from Kurt's and told me I qualified 3rd ! I'm looking forward to the race tomorrow night and then onto my house Sunday for qualifying for round #4!
                    Good luck to all .
                    Glenn

Comment

• arroldn
                      arroldn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glenn way to bust up those GT40s

The good news is that we got the Third Round of the proxy in the books. We had some trouble with the video feed so I'm a bit disappointed with trying to capture the race with a cell phone. We got about an hour of the race and apparently the feed went down and I didn't realize it so, l have to say I'm disapponted with the video coverage - it was a mess. Curt does not have wi-fi in the barn loft, so we had to use other media. We will have better coverage at the next track. And, keeping in line with Murphy's Law, the paperwork (which contains the tie-breaking information) went home with Glenn along with the proxy cars since he will be running the next round. So I will not tell you all the results tonight, but I'll tell you that the racing was intense and no less than 16 cars (out of the field of 22 cars) ended up on a lap with someone else contesting for a position.

1st Place goes to ChrisguyW - 99 laps
                    2nd Place goes to BigDuhg - 97 laps
                    3 cars ended up with 95 laps contesting for P3, P4 and P5
                    3 cars ended up with 93 laps
                    2 cars ended up with 92 laps
                    3 cars ended up with 91 laps
                    2 cars ended up with 89 laps
                    2 cars ended up with 86 laps

So Congrats to ChrisguyW and BigDuhg and I'll post the other race results tomorrow evening after I get the paperwork from Glenn - some people have to work you know...

All for now...
                    BB

Comment

• arroldn
                      arroldn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      UM does that put the big Ferrari at 89 or 86 laps? Will know tomorrow.

Thanks for getting this run last night. I tuned in to the live feed and got to watch some and although choppy was still enjoyable with lots of good racing. Stoked for my first podium and congrats to ChrisguyW on the win and our other mystery podium finisher. Looking forward to the next race already.

Comment

• Doubl-B
                      Doubl-B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah BigDuhg, the live feed was frought with problems, but I think we convinced Curt that we need to get a device up there to get wifi in the room. We hope for better results next time but congrats on your first podium!
                      -BB

Here are all the results. I double checked so hopefully it is error free. I also sent the worksheet to Zack to update the overall standings.

Comment

• arroldn
                      arroldn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Man didn't even get 86 laps. What happened to this car?????

• Doubl-B
                      Doubl-B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Arroldn - you lost a lap, maybe two when your car just quit running in the middle of a heat. After trying a couple other things we twisted the guide back and forth and she came back to life. We'll take the body off and check the guide/motor wires to see if anything looks amiss. :Your car was skating around the track. It almost looked like the wheels weren't quite touching the ground. Since your car passed tech, it had to have the minimum clearance, but we'll look at the tape on the pod to see if it is wadded up or something. The tires looked ok - we won't mess with them.

• arroldn
                      arroldn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks DB Hope it is something as simple as bad wiring connection. Front tires were perfect on the setup block. As stated in another post I felt if it can make it on Scaley Sport and make it past the wire on the power track surely it would be good on routed tracks.
                      Last edited by arroldn; March 12, 2020, 08:05 PM.
                  Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1