Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

2020 RAA Race #1 Amoskeag North Race Park ....UPDATED with RACE RESULTS!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 RAA Race #1 Amoskeag North Race Park ....UPDATED with RACE RESULTS!!!!!

Hi all, Race #1 of the RAA 2020 Season is at Amoskeag North Race Park here in Hooksett, NH. The racing circuit averages just over 60ft per lane. The track is routed with tinned copper braid and flat latex paint. Here is a current picture of the track:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6221.jpg Views:	57 Size:	764.9 KB ID:	47297

Qualifying took place today with my nephew Tristan doing the driving honors. Each car was given 2 minutes of runtime in the yellow lane. Tires were swiped clean on the sticky pad before the start and at the halfway point. Here are the results:

Cars were run in random order as follows: #19 GT, #05, #19 Cat, #1, #68, #33, #2, #6

The top qualifiers were:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6217.jpg Views:	62 Size:	762.9 KB ID:	47296
    Congrats to ZCarFan, CJ74, and STEEVEE W on their qualifying podium!

Full Qualy Results:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020 RAA Race #1 ANRP Qualifying Results.jpg Views:	57 Size:	188.3 KB ID:	47299 Race should be completed this week. Trying to nail down a third driver. Good job everyone!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6220.jpg Views:	58 Size:	701.0 KB ID:	47300

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6219.jpg Views:	57 Size:	635.1 KB ID:	47301

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6215.jpg Views:	56 Size:	696.3 KB ID:	47302

Race update soon! Stay tuned!!!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by manchvegasracer; August 1, 2020, 08:30 PM.

Josh - that’s a great looking track. Also great to see young guys getting involved in the hobby and obviously a good driver doing the qualy duties!
    Hopefully my car will fare better in the race as my car is set up for this kind of track.
    Thanks for running a round and getting the proxy started!
    BB
    Last edited by Doubl-B; August 1, 2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

My cars suck once more Damn tires.

Comment

Let's put 3 cars together and make one. My car is stock no mods . PG tires

Comment

Very nice track

Comment

2020 RAA Race #1 is in the books. It was a lot of fun to drive these 8 cars. Here is the format I used for the race:

I was the only driver. All cars were run for 2 minutes in each of the three lanes. Tires were cleaned before each heat for all cars. In the statistics, I keep track of each car's fastest race lap, total laps per lane, and number of de-slots. It was a very competitive race with 1st place being decided by about 14". Wow!!!!!

Here is your race podium:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6286.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	707.5 KB
ID:	48043

Congrats to CJ74 and the #2 Ford GT GTE on the victory!!!!!! It was extremely tight as the #68 Ford of STEEVEE W was only about a foot back on the track. Amazing that two cars from different places set up in different ways could end up so close together. The #05 Ford DP surprised in the race with a jump up the ladder from 5th in qualifying. The #19 Ford GT GTE of ZCarFan was very loose during the race. I just could not get it to drive as well as the cars above it.

Here are the full results!

Name:	RAA 2020 Race #1 ANRP Race Results.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	48044

Again, thanks to everyone for supplying some fun cars to drive. Good luck to all the builders in future races! I hope everyone stays safe and is able to enjoy the rest of summer.

- Josh

Pics from the race:

Name:	IMG_6255.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	554.3 KB
ID:	48045

Name:	IMG_6260.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	589.3 KB
ID:	48046

Name:	IMG_6258.jpg
Size:	598.7 KB
ID:	48047

Name:	IMG_6257.jpg
Size:	537.6 KB
ID:	48048

Name:	IMG_6280.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	541.5 KB
ID:	48049

Name:	IMG_6282.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	708.0 KB
ID:	48050

Name:	IMG_6290.PNG
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	48051

Name:	IMG_6261.jpg
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	48052

The Grid: As they finished.....

Name:	IMG_6288.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	846.4 KB
ID:	48053

And the distance between 1st and 2nd (Both had 53.4 laps complete):

Name:	IMG_6285.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	748.6 KB
ID:	48054

Thanks everyone, many apologies for making you all wait a month for me to get this done. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

- Josh

Comment

Thanks Josh, Good post.
            Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

Josh:
              Thanks for running the round. I was pretty sure the 05 car would do well on your track. Usually the first round of the proxy is telling for the performance of the car. It’s great to start strong - My first podium in years! Thanks again.
              BB
              Last edited by Doubl-B; August 1, 2020, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the run and the excellent coverage Josh. Crazy to see the #2 at the top. Congrats to Bob and Steve on a Race #1 podium. I have to assume I had some lucky power-off roll to gain that extra foot on the #68.

​​

Comment

Wow there are some great running cars, Just not mine

Comment

Cars will now be off to Zcarfan for the next race

Comment

That really is a pleasant-looking track. Lots of visual access, paint color choice makes it easier to follow cars, really good work. As is the carpentry on those stairs! Good wood, too. Its getting hard to find straight grain affordable structural lumber these days.

Comment

Thanks for hosting this round.
                        Congrats to the podium finishers.

Steve

Comment

Congrats all, I'm excited to run round 2 at my track.
                          Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

Comment

Hey Josh well done Thankyou to you and your crew. Congratulations to the Podium winners. Fast cars great Builders

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            UA-149438709-1