Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

RAA Rules posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAA Rules posted

2020 RAA Rules
    Scalextric only

Inline stock motors, Whatever motor that came in the car.

Re
    ar Urethane tires that fit on stock wheels or .420 Max width tire on 17x10 or smaller aftermarket wheel, aluminum wheels ok, , can use stock tires on front
    Bushings & motor may be glued in place.
    Bushings may be replaced with metal or plastic & bearings.

Can replace axles and gears

F
    lag, braids, and wires may be modified or changed to another brand. Flag must be plastic, may be shimmed lower, complete guide assy be replaced with B-nova/Cg slots
    Stock body, chassis, can remove interior. You can lighten the chassis , sanding the inside of the body is OK

Stock windows

If car with interior then you can run without it
    Tires should be under the bodywork.
    No traction magnets may be used.
    Last edited by Austin; January 26, 2020, 11:10 AM.

I just read the rules, Is this open to any brand of car or is just Scalextric. REL13
    Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

I think the poll was for Scalextric I'm not a fan of that brand I don't own any

Comment

I just read the rules, Is this open to any brand of car or is just Scalextric. REL13

WOW that is a good question, Lets keep it keep it Scalextric only

Comment

To be clear if a START car comes with no interior it can race with no interior, correct.

Wood tracks?
          How many Rounds?
          Start Date?
          How Much to Enter?

Comment

To be clear if a START car comes with no interior it can race with no interior, correct.
            Start cars are welcome without interiors

Comment

Hey Austin have any tracks yet

Comment

What exactly is a Scalextric REL 13?

Comment

would a PCS chassis be eligible?

Comment

PCS chassis be eligible? No stock Scalextric chassis

Comment

• Pepsi 62
                      Pepsi 62 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thanks for clarification on that one, as I didn't think it would be

What's a Mitch 58? REL13

Comment

Can we sand the chassis so we can get some body float? I don't see anything in the rules saying yes or no. Also is there a sign up sheet, for cars and numbers, and when is the start date?

Comment

Can we sand the chassis so we can get some body float? I don't see anything in the rules saying yes or no. Also is there a sign up sheet, for cars and numbers, and when is the start date?

YES you can

Comment

Austin:
                          Any chance you could add the year 2020 to the title of the proxy to get this promoted up to the top of the Proxies page? It would be easier to find it if it was up with the other proxies currently being run. Just a suggestion. Steve could help you I'm sure if you asked.
                          thx.
                          BB

Comment

So I got this beautiful Scalextric Daytona Prototype. Nice livery but I really wanted to get the gold foil livery, but the scumbag scalpers are charging $75 for it now. But I digress...
                            I deconstructed the internals to start getting it ready for the proxy. I had not even gotten it on the track yet and the chassis seemed extremely flexible to the point of being wonky. When I popped out the rear bushings I found the chassis was split through the bearing race and that is why it was so extraordinarily flexible. I cut up a plastic credit card and made some chassis stiffeners which I assume would be ok since the chassis was broke to begin with.

http://

But I'm now finding that one of the front wheels is essentially floating because the the chassis is twisted too. I think I'm beyond the "Slot.it Chassis boil trick" and I don't want to take off all the wires for the lights. Would it be ok to use Slot Car Corner front wheel blocks so I can adjust both front wheels down to the ground? If it is ok - cool. If not, can I put in a brass tube "bushing" or regular SCC racing bushings in the front end to settle the axle? Right now the axle just goes through some reinforced plastic chassis rails.

Thx.
                            BB

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            UA-149438709-1