Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

RAA Proxy poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAA Proxy poll

Stock as
    inline motors
    Stock motors, chassis & motors
    Can only change bushings,axles, wheels, gears, paul page tires

Poll ends 12/27 2019
    Stock Scalextric cars, LMP / GT 2/3 inline motors
    90.00%
    anything goes Scalextric cars
    0%
    Stock GT 2/3 cars , any brand, inline, sidewinder
    10.00%
    Scalextirc inline, sidewinder
    0%
    Paul Gage Tires
    90.00%
    Quick Slicks
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Sad that there were only 10 votes

Comment

I agree. I recall, when I first got involved with HRW and SCI about 15 yrs ago, this proxy was featured in Model Car Racing Magazine. A large field of cars entered by some of the top names mentioned on both boards. It causes one to question the health of the hobby.
      Last edited by arroldn; December 28, 2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• arroldn
        arroldn commented
        Editing a comment
        I did vote by the way.

I log in on almost a daily basis, but somehow missed this poll entirely until this morning.
      Post the rules when you have them and I'll build something.

Comment

I am also on here daily, and I also somehow miss this.
        Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

I feel it's the proxy it's self. I participated in the proxy 3 or 4 years ago, the cars returned early. I have since watched but have not participated and it appears cars have returned early consistently. I assume as I've never hosted a proxy, that it's hard work, to create rules, deal with builders, scheduling tracks, reporting and keeping it moving. I try to support as many proxies as I can, so if tracks are scheduled in advance, and you create a new poll I feel interest can be rekindled by me and others. Personally, I'd love a NSR F1 Proxy, Group C proxy, or a Porsche 911-934 proxy.
          Last edited by Brumos RSR; December 28, 2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

When you get closer I can also add a track. We have a three lane routed track 70' long. Click image for larger version

Name:	71236888_10218372821606466_7982835192274354176_o.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	352.0 KB
ID:	14018

Comment

Maybe the timing of the poll with the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays is why there was not more input on the poll.
              But I figure there is not much intrest here on the RAA anymore. Really that is why i suggested the poll, to see what the racers wanted to run and maybe get this proxy on track and have more cars and run the full series.
              I liked the proxy. It had stock to lightly modified cars. No custom chassis. A stock motor or low RPM hawk motor was allowed. PG or ST Tire (urechane) and wheels.
              yes i voted and I have participated the last 2 years.
              Last edited by lance; December 29, 2019, 12:16 PM.
              Lance Sofa racer

Comment

I didn't see the post, but I will build a car. Just need the rules. I am in the Shoreline club and I will talk to the guys and see if they would help me run a race. REL13
                Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

OK I will setup the rules and look for tracks

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1