Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

Quick Slicks Slip-on Proxy: Rules and Event Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arroldn
    commented on 's reply
    My nephew had a Passat. I was like this is a VW. Nice car.

• cj74
    commented on 's reply
    My first BTCC was a Civic. That thing was a rocket box stock! Still not sure what I'm running here.

• cj74
    commented on 's reply
    Added to the registration thread. Welcome!

• arroldn
    replied
    These are the cars I see at Slot Car Corner and CloverLeaf : Honda Civic, BMW125i, VW Passat, MG6 Looks like the Ford Sierra 1988 and the BMW E30 M3 1988 would be out.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Honda Civic BTCC 2015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	18225Click image for larger version  Name:	Honda Civic BTCC 2018.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.3 KB ID:	18226Click image for larger version  Name:	honda_civic BTCC 2017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.3 KB ID:	18231Click image for larger version  Name:	Passat BTCC 2015.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.0 KB ID:	18232Click image for larger version  Name:	Passat BTCC 2017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.3 KB ID:	18229Click image for larger version  Name:	BMW BTCC 2017.jpg Views:	0 Size:	195.9 KB ID:	18230Click image for larger version  Name:	BMW 125i BTCC2018.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.3 KB ID:	18233
    Attached Files
    Last edited by arroldn; January 19, 2020, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ALS
    replied
    I have a car Alfa Romeo I'm in

Leave a comment:

• F1Fan
    replied
    If I understand then the M3 BMW is pre this class, and only the AMG 45 (no slot car yet) would qualify.

I am waiting for the Focus RS, but here are a few examples available now:

Click image for larger version  Name:	BTCC.JPG Views:	3 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	18212

Last edited by F1Fan; January 19, 2020, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brumos RSR
    replied
    I love your line, everyone will respect the rules as written. I'll need to steal that going forward. let me look for a car if I find one you know the number and color. I believe that 3 series Scaley BMW ran in that class, I don't like em or Mercs, nor do I know ANYTHING about silicon tires but this would be fun!! AND I support Quick Slicks!!
    Last edited by SCC_Steve; January 20, 2020, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• F1Fan
    replied
    I do not have the time at the moment to enter another proxy, and also I do not have access to any local silicone friendly tracks and/or willing to run silicone on my rubbered-in track - but I just wanted to stop by and say how much I enjoy these Scalectrix BTCC class, I have the Honda, VW and BMW and they are a huge amount of fun to run box stock, nothing other than a light sanding of the OEM tyres and away you go! Great cars!

Good luck with the series.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• cj74
    commented on 's reply
    You want anything 2015 or newer.

• arroldn
    commented on 's reply
    See they come in 1988 Classis and 2015 Modern.

• arroldn
    replied
    Means a car purchase or 2. Maybe I'll sit this one out, naw
    Last edited by arroldn; January 19, 2020, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cj74
    commented on 's reply
    Tried to clarify above. BTCC (NGTC) is like saying Modern BTCC instead of Classic BTCC.

• arroldn
    commented on 's reply
    See above post. Typed before looking my mistake.

• cj74
    replied
    BTCC - British Touring Car Championship

NGTC - New Generation Touring Car (in the BTCC rules).

TO CLARIFY... NGTC is a BTCC car that meets the rules established in 2009. A Scalextric BTCC that is listed as 2012 or new meets the designation of NGTC.

Scalextric has a line of cars that are labeled BTCC. Very easy to find with a quick search. I only included the BTCC NGTC designation as they have released a couple of cars that an older style. The BTCC NGTC cars began racing after 2009 and have been released pretty steadily over the last couple of years.

BTW... We've run these cars (BTCC) locally as a stock class and they were run for a national event in Philadelphia and they are a ton of fun.
    Last edited by cj74; January 19, 2020, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied

Stock Class - Only stock Scalextric BTCC non-podded plastic chassis may be used. Chassis may only be used for the body for which it was intended
    Flashing may be removed from the chassis and light sanding to allow for body float (maximum gap of 1/32” between chassis and body) is acceptable. If a credit card can fit between the chassis and body the gap is too large. No other chassis modifications are allowed. Use of additional plastic or metal to strengthen/stiffen the chassis is NOT allowed.[QUOTE]

Forgive my ignorance please but what is a BTCC or (NGTC) car? OK went to Slot Car Corner and see some BTCC cars listed. Never looked at those because have never had an interested in them. Didn't see anything called a NGTC car. What is that?

Last edited by arroldn; January 19, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1