Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

Quick Slicks Slip-on Proxy: Rules and Event Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brumos RSR View Post
    I love your line, everyone will respect the rules as written. I'll need to steal that going forward. let me look for a car if I find one you know the number and color. I believe that 3 series Scaley BMW ran in that class, I don't like em or Mercs, nor do I know ANYTHING about silicon tires but this would be fun!! AND I support Quick Slicks!!
    Sorry I didn't get a reply out to this. Glad someone was paying attention.

Comment

As I'm going back through the entries and communication I've received, I wanted to clarify the rules on the bodies for each class:

Eligible Cars / Bodies:
      Stock Class - Any 1/32 scale Scalextric BTCC (NGTC - vehicle years from 2011 - present) car is allowed.
      Modified Class - Any 1/32 scale Scalextric or Slot it Classic (vehicle years from 1984 - 1996) DTM car is allowed.

Comment

Just realised DTM, bit close to the touring car proxy on SCI forum isn’t it .....

Comment

• cj74
          cj74 commented
          Editing a comment
          Close. This proxy is for silicone slip-ons and will be run in North America. Was unsure of that proxy would return. There are two classes available here. Not trying to compete and will likely rotate class of cars if this generates and holds enough interest.

Well, guess my choice for the Scaley DTM is out. Doesn’t fit into the ‘year’ criteria. Dang it!
        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

• cj74
          cj74 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry Scott. It didn't even occur to me when you first mentioned it. I did some looking around today and debated on opening it up to all DTM but the variability seemed a bit too wide.

I was reading the rules to verify something before answering a question. In doing so I realized that the following statement does not show up in the stock class. How do you feel about allowing this in the stock class?

Stock wheels may be removed and replaced onto axle to eliminate wobble.

Comment

• arroldn
          arroldn commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds good to me.

Okay all... I know there are a lot of folks out there with a little extra time on your hands. Now the time to work on something you may. It have much experience with. I've confirmed with Mike @ Clover Leaf Racing that he is still shipping out orders.

Due to the relatively low number of cars available, this proxy WILL allow for duplicate numbers/liveries in both classes.

The proxy is DOES NOT require trying of tires.

I have communicated with a couple of different folks that have raced rubber on a silicone track and silicone on a rubber track or, for that matter, don't designate their track as a specific tire composition. If everyone in the series is on silicone we'll all be dealing with the same conditions.

Plenty of spots open in the registration (and host) list. Let's fill it (them) up!

Comment

Hi Corey, question for the modified class. If using a Slot.It DTM, can we change from the inline setup to AW or SW?

Comment

Modified is pretty open besides the body. Go for it!

Comment

Which firmness of the QuickSlick tire will be used or is it open to the entrants to pick.

Comment

Originally posted by arroldn View Post
                Which firmness of the QuickSlick tire will be used or is it open to the entrants to pick.
                Got some feedback from QuickSlicks on this. Both Firm or Extra Firm will be available to participants for this proxy.

Comment

• arroldn
                  arroldn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Should have waited for your response before I pulled the trigger. Maybe I can email Mike and change the soft set to Extra Firm

Quite a list of cars that are eligible for this race. Shame I don't have any of them. Been sort of a slot car drought at my house for a few years.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by noddaz View Post
                  Quite a list of cars that are eligible for this race. Shame I don't have any of them. Been sort of a slot car drought at my house for a few years.

Scott
                  Still plenty of time to pick one up and get it ready. We will be pushing back dates, but still working on the best timing for things right now.

Comment

Hey Cory at this time I can only enter 1 car Alfa 66 . Payment made their is still room for a stock car.

Comment

Originally posted by ALS View Post
                      Hey Cory at this time I can only enter 1 car Alfa 66 . Payment made their is still room for a stock car.
                      Received. Still have you in modified with an Alfa Romeo #66. We'll be pushing dates back until likely late summer or early fall. So still plenty of time if you change your mind.

Comment

• ALS
                        ALS commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok great keep me in stock too

• cj74
                        cj74 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not a problem. Will do!

Originally posted by cj74 View Post

Received. Still have you in modified with an Alfa Romeo #66. We'll be pushing dates back until likely late summer or early fall. So still plenty of time if you change your mind.

Man, glad I saw this! Was getting ready to package up this DTM to send in! When will you come up with a new date?

Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      UA-149438709-1