Views:	245
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	57268

Comment

• TuscoTodd
      TuscoTodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah! Those are shaping up nicely!

I like what you have done so far. They are coming along nicely.
    Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201005_182113.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.76 MB ID:	57562Click image for larger version  Name:	20201005_182008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	57563
      Well here is the finished car. Now only have to wait 6 month before it gets to race. I'm sure I can figure a way to screw it up some how in that amount of time.

Comment

docdoom, I hope you don't screw it up, It's a sharp looking car. It looks fast just sitting there.

Comment

• REL13
          REL13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, You will have time to fix it.

• slothead
          slothead commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you should consider doing another Legend build to keep you occupied and your hands off the #3.

• REL13
          REL13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, What he said.

I got mine painted. Boy this thing is small and those side rails... Yikes! Not too sure how long they will last but the car looks good for now. I ordered some CBD wheels which will be painted white.
        http://

I was inspired by DOCDOOMs number 3 car but I wanted more of a retro feel so I went with the baby blue.
        I used Polecat decals.

BB
        Last edited by Doubl-B; October 21, 2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Doubl-B, That came out real nice. Good color combo. The club have run these cars4 or 5 times no problem with anything breaking off yet.

Comment

Ok , I know that this shoot-out is for Pioneer Legends only . Will there there be another shoot out for Legends of other models ? The reason I am asking is this , I was looking for parts for cars that I am planing on building at Pendle Slot Racing web site and came across another Legends car . It was a '37 Chevy coupe ? This is just a question .

Comment

• Fathead59
              Fathead59 commented
              Editing a comment
              And I am still waiting for the Pioneer Dodge to become available

• REL13
              REL13 commented
              Editing a comment
              This Proxy is for the Pioneer legends only. If someone else wants to have a open class that's up to them. I plan on doing this Pioneer Legends Proxy every year.

• slothead
              slothead commented
              Editing a comment
              Pioneer has never released a lot of different body styles. As best I can recall only 4 before the Legends - Mustang (notchback & fastback), Camaro, and Charger. Once they have a mold completed they pump out many liveries though. I went to INASLOT and counted 36 versions of the Mustangs and 18 versions of the Charger.

So far there are 2 Legend body styles and a Dodge body has been promised. There are a few more body styles that were legit Legend cars that Pioneer could offer, but since they are continuing to release versions of the '60's cars I'm guessing we'll be seeing many more new liveries before we see new body styles. I'll be delighted AND amazed if a Dodge Legend body is available by the time this proxy gets underway in March.
              Last edited by slothead; October 24, 2020, 07:37 AM.

I wasn't meaning for this proxy , I just want one of each car , and yes INASLOT has quite a few versions of certain cars , I was in another slot car dealer web site that had another legend car , a different year , and was thinking that it could join the shoot out . And really , when you change the chassis it is a home built car , not Pioneer Legend , you are only using the body . So it really is an open class series . And again it is MHO

Comment

• REL13
              REL13 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am not sure what you are talking about. If you want to do a shootout by all means you can do one, but I am not allowing any other cars, just the Pioneer Legends. you are not allowed to change the chassis in this Proxy. You keep calling this a shootout it's a Proxy. We will be having 9 to 10 races, A shootout is usually a one race deal.

• slothead
              slothead commented
              Editing a comment
              Fathead59 - do your comments mean you are now planning (hoping) to enter a Pioneer Legend in this proxy?

• REL13
              REL13 commented
              Editing a comment
              It sounds like he wants to enter a car that is not a Pioneer Legends, but is a Legend style car.

This is the first thing that popped up when I went to the Pendle website. Scalextric is often used as a generic term for 'slot car' and this is not claiming the car is made by Scalextric.

Click image for larger version

Name:	banner-new-pp-rb51.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	60180

This is Penelope Pitlane's version of a '37 Chevy Legend kit which is listed at $26.08 USD (based on today's currency conversion rate).

Name:	Pendle slot 37 Chevy Legend.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	60181

If anyone has built one of these I'd like to know more about it and how it performs compared to the Pioneer Legends. I like the fact there are a lot less bits to put together, but if it doesn't run the same as the Pioneer cars a single stand alone model has little value to me.

I totally agree with you keeping your proxy limited to Pioneer Legend cars with mostly stock parts.

Comment

Name:	20210106_202025.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	522.3 KB
ID:	73628 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210106_202002.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	646.5 KB
ID:	73629

Here's my entry, almost ready to hit the long haul to the US of A.
              clear coat, running boards. mirrors and away we go, hope it will be competitive

Comment

Pespi62, That is looking good!

Comment

• Pepsi 62
                  Pepsi 62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks Rob, runs nicely so far so good, added a couple of small Aussie flags below the side windows, still have to add a bit of extra weight to get it up to 80gm, I'll see what happens once I clear coat and fit the running boards, that may be enough

Looking like some really nice work has been done on the entries so far. They all look fast!!

Jules

Comment

With regard to the Penelope Pitstop '37 Chevy Legend that Edward has been referring to in Post #39 above, I think you will find it is a resin model, it is smaller and will be heavier. There may well be less component parts but it will take you a while to prep the body to get something you'll be pleased to build. I expect it will also handle totally differently. Chalk n cheese.

Jules.

Comment

Was on the Pioneer page tonight and watched a video. I didn't realize there were already 3 pinions in the kit. So my question is how sturdy are the stock gears and will they hold up under proxy conditions? I guess I could buy a spur and use the plastic pinions. Since I have never run these cars I'm asking those of you who have.

Comment

Arrold, the only known issue with some of the early spur gears was that the center hole was a smidge too big to grip the splines correctly on the axle. A drop of CA/Superglue should prevent any potential slippage.

With regards to durability, the GRP gears will outlast any metal gear combo. I’ll put a lifetime warranty on those plastic gears. They will not wear out.

Jules

Comment

• arroldn
                        arroldn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you Jules. I primered the cars Sunday while watching the football games. I will shoot the first color coat today some time. Looking forward to see what kind of times I can get out of them on my track. Anyone that wants to suggest a gear ratio feel free to comment
                    Working...
                    X
                    UA-149438709-1