Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doubl-B
    HRW Forum Veteran
    • Oct 2019

Yes, please run them whenever you deem appropriate. Mine was purpose built for this proxy and I'd like to see it run. We've had the last two SCCA proxies cancelled and it's a big letdown to spend hours and hours preparing the car, only to have the cars sent back with little or no racing. But it is your call - you need to be safe. In one of the proxies over here, because of diminished availability of tracks depending on the Covid situation in each state, some clubs with multiple tracks are running multiple rounds. Just something else to consider.
    BB

Comment

• Barc 1
      HRW Forum Veteran
      • Oct 2019

I think the best thing would be to host as many races as you can in Greece, and then call it a day. This virus is not going away anytime soon, and too much international travel for these cars will get them sidetracked and lost.

IMO people need to take this covid thing seriously. Masks and frequent handwashing combined with social distancing does help stop the spread. However the science around this virus seems very suspect as many questions seem to be going unanswered. Why is it that in the human species there is such a dramatic difference in outcome when this virus is contracted. Some recover quickly and claim it is not much more than a cold, while others are going into comas and being on ventilators for months. Makes you question whether the authorities are hanging their hat on a test that is very suspect, and is too general and detecting any corona virus instead of focusing on the one that is killing people. The common cold is a corona virus after all. Imagine if we tracked that.

I could care less how many people contract the virus, I want to know how many are requiring hospitalization as I really feel the "test" is flawed. I base this on the simple fact that a person testing positive does not have the same reaction to contracting the virus as others do. Measels for example will manifest itself pretty much the same for all people who contract it. This corona thing is all over the map, from hardly a sneeze to people dying. So please explain this to me medical science. Why is there such a varied human response to contracting this virus. Is it a lack of a certain vitamin or what that is causing such a diversity in outcomes in a single species? I think the answer is they don't know, and until they do it is better to be safe then sorry. If everyone wears a mask and washes their hands frequently then we can stay in front of this and life can go on with a new normal.

Too much for a hobby forum but this covid thing is transcending all our lives all at the same time. We are all being affected one way or another. For the record I am a mask wearing hand washer, but there isn't a time in the day when I wonder about all the discrepancies surrounding this virus with no real answers being put forward making me question the validity of what I am being told is good for me. All I know is wearing a mask, washing my hands and being aware of physical distancing, is not that tough to do, and I would sooner do that then suffer a total shutdown again..
      Cheers

Dan
      G.P Alberta

Comment

• alexis in greece
        HRW Forum Veteran
        • Oct 2019

Below is my post of August 4 to auslot

"Real life gets in the way

Start was scheduled for the week 20-26 july on Nick's track but Nick had to change his holiday dates and left on the 20th of july for 2 weeks.

Second race was scheduled weekend 8-9 august on Creative Hooby track but instead we had some unexpected visitors,my daughters family who also had to change their holiday dates as their transfer to Singapore was postoponed due to the covid.We have moved to our summer home and they are staying until the 28 and needless to say ,I prefer my grand daughters ,who I havent seen since january,company to slot cars

.So nothing is going to happen this month .We can rediscuss matters at the end of the month or call it a day "

My mistake I did not post to the other forums too but my grand daughters blew my mind.

We extended our stay to summer home for one more week as temperatures reached around 40 degrees but all good things have an end and we are back in Athens

I have already contacted Nick and his track is available so we are racing thursday september 10.

If things go as planned we will race Creative Hobby track the week starting 14/9.That will be all as the 2 other track owners I has hoping for have had health problems in their families (not covid but equally serious) and cars will be heading home the week starting 21/9

Comment

• Mitch58
          HRW Forum Veteran
          • Oct 2019

No worries Alexis, take care.

Comment

• chappyman66
            HRW Forum Veteran
            • Oct 2019

Thank you Alexis, the update is appreciated. Take care, as always!
            Come Race at The Trace!
            Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
            https://cults3d.com/en/users/chappyman662/creations

Comment

Working...
            UA-149438709-1