Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

IPS 2020 round 1 Nick's track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPS 2020 round 1 Nick's track

After all this delay we finally got racing.And then again everything went wrong.Going to Nick I got trapped in a traffic jam due to an accident,was stuck there for more than 1 hour.As a result we could race only 2 lanes ,will do the rest tuesday.Then my cameras battery run out of power and I had not my charger,result only 4 photos.On top of everything else I left the memory stick withthe files on Nick's laptop,he will email me them during the day.So here is an appetizer

We had 3 casualties,#20 and #15 the pinion slipped after 4 and 7 laps respectively,#27 (Nick'scar ) slipped through his hand and ended up on the floor,broken post.We could not repair them in place but will do today and run the missed lanes on tuesday.

The car that stands out is #21 fast ,stable in a class of its own.The Lancia was lacking grip.The yellow Jag and the open top Porsche were sliding sideways under braking resulting to a costly(time wise) deslot on straight line under the bridge.

Watch this space

Thanks for the teaser! Looking forward to seeing more.
    Come Race at The Trace!
    Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Glad to hear that things are stabilizing and you can put on the race! Looking forward to more results and more photos!
      BB

Comment

Results of the first 2 lanes

Some comments on the cars

#98 she will catch you by surprise and roll

#12 slides sideways under braking

#28 Jag ditto

#71 no grip

#111 could use some more grip

#99 was running reverse,,each time we had to switch track direction

#20 pinion slipped.I have already fixed it but crown rotates out of round and I am afraid it is going to happen again

It is the best grid since I took ever both performance wise and looks

Comment

Thanks Alexis for getting this proxy off and running. Congratulations to our podium finishers. Looks like my #19 is running better than it did last year. Hopefully it can crack into the top 10. Way to go Dale, Mitch and Chappy. 3 USA cars in the top 10. On to the next round

Comment

Alex, thanks for the details and getting things started!
            That Hawk has a little more grunt to it than the Artin motor that it replaced. Not surprised it skates a bit with the strong brakes of the Hawk, I don't have a long enough straight to really test that. Glad to see it's in the top 10, considering I didn't do much of anything to it. For a 3DP printed kit car, I am pleased.
            Come Race at The Trace!
            Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN

Comment

Disappointing to say the least. I ran hundreds of laps with that car and had zero issues. Oh well thanks for fixing it

Cheers

Dan

Comment

I'm happy to see my Corvette in the top 10 overall, it's one of the front motor entries, no doubt as a normal rear motor it would kick into and out of corners quicker...maybe next year

Comment

• Fast Co.
                  Fast Co. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A rear motor Corvette??!! Why, that's unthinkable!

Just returned from Nick's place,round 1 is in the books.I have to sort out results and photos but that will wait until tomorrow,an appetizer though,the yellow jag sliding sideways under braking approaching the hairpin:

Comment

Photos continued

Comment

Photos continued

Comment

Photos continued

Comment

Fabulous looking event, worth waiting to see.

Comment

Um that #19 can't win anything on it's side
                          Last edited by arroldn; September 17, 2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Race results and comments:

Nick drove lanes black and blue and I drove yellow and red.Blue and red were the 2 inside lanes at the hairpin following downhill section which favored cars with good brakes:

658 ,the car that suffered most at the hairpin

111 good car

99 gearing seems wrong could use a higher ratio

98 a beauty but it got you by surprise and rolled

87 good car given the width and height excellent

86 needs a bit more attention to the front end could eliminate the offs

71 I dont think the sprung guide is a good idea

66 good car finished 12th in 2018 now 6th

40 too much body rock tyres rubbing the body

28 Alpine good car given the width and height excellent

28 Jaguar very good car but sideways braking gave 2 very costly deslots on straight line at the downhill section

27 good car but cound not beat 21 for slimlin class honors

21 I wish I could build chassislike this,if fited with a big motor it would be in a class of its own

20 the pinion slipped 3 times then I had to retire the car.The crown rotates out of round and I think this is the reason

19 needs attention to the front end ,it is the cause of so many offs

18 it was quite a surprise as I had not touched it after the 1000 laps test,it makes me consider making 1000 laps run in a standard procedure

15 hoping rear end needs attention

12 ery good car but sideways braking gave 2 very costly deslots on straight line at the downhill section

11 very good car

5 Lotus front end needs attention

5 Daytona,very good car,Nick loved it

2 Very smooth and considering front engine perfect

1 Very good car but I takes a couple of laps until you feel cnfident

Results

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            UA-149438709-1