Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

2020 Ford vs Ferrari Proxy Round 5 MID-BC Kelowna BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Rob, only a handful of deslots when you were trying to get the most out of all those cars! I hope we can do nearly as well when we come and do the race next weekend. Those are some quick and smooth cars. And where did 53 get the upgrade after Edmontons poor showing, it must like your track.

Comment

• Cgyracer
      Cgyracer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! There is luck involved when you have no idea if a car will have brakes / no brakes, does it have traction.....so on and so on. I like to go deep into corners so I am taking a risk many times that is for sure!

Rob thanks for the fast qualifying time. Currently at 47 mins and the fastest qualifier at this time. Had to go to bed. Came back this morning and still the fastest at 49 mins. Very pleased.

At the end of qualifying I am sitting at 5th. Very pleased to be in the top five with this group of master proxy builders. Now just hope that it translates into a top 5 finish. Congratulations to all under 7 secs. Was almost there but you know what almost means, not quite good enough.
    Last edited by arroldn; October 17, 2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Cgyracer
      Cgyracer commented
      Editing a comment
      It was not a fluky fast lap either as the median time was 7.117 seconds.  I don't know the history of the previous races but I have never seen a car sit in the top qualifier spot for that many positions until the top four cars came in.  Only a tenth of a second from top spot you ended up. Congratulations!

• arroldn
      arroldn commented
      Editing a comment
      Rob,
      The car qualified in the top ten at the first to venues only to fall midpack on race day. Won the pole at Woodland Trace. The last two venues it was again midpack to bottom 3rd. Hopefully this will not be its fate on your track.

Racers here is the Round 5 MID-BC qualifying results screen capture from Race Coordinator. Congratulations to Dungeonracer for taking the Pole at 6.919 seconds. I was surprised how snappy quick that 20K silver paper wrapped Scaleauto motor is! Brumos, Audi1, DRW21 and Arroldn were also so very quick in the 6.9 and 7.0 second range. Aloha and Radarek very close behind at 7.1 seconds too. Congrats to Brumos for having the fastest median time......well done!

The race is too close to call that is for sure with so many cars in tight large groupings. I was pleasantly surprised with how easy these cars were to drive. When Proxy Qualifying a host has no idea how a car will run when that trigger gets pulled so congratulations to all of you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ford fer 1.jpg Views:	4 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	59095 Click image for larger version  Name:	ford fer 2.jpg Views:	4 Size:	121.0 KB ID:	59097 Click image for larger version  Name:	ford fer 3.jpg Views:	4 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	59096
    Last edited by Cgyracer; October 17, 2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• arroldn
      arroldn commented
      Editing a comment
      .071 secs off the pace. Hoping for a top five. Currently sitting in 18th position. Maybe this will begin my charge to the front.

Thanks Rob, fantastic coverage - great fun to watch. To the sub7 second runners, awe inspiring cars gents . And Aarold, all us entrants from the "less pointy end" of the field were pulling for ya mate - great job. As for the yellow entry from the Concessionnaires Belgique, well it's running about were expected. Maybe it'll take heart from Rob's kind words about "easy to drive" and manage to pull up on consistency.
    cheers
    Scott

Last edited by GT6; October 17, 2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• arroldn
      arroldn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the words of encouragement Scott. Hope I don't let anyone down.

Originally posted by GT6 View Post
    And Aarold, all us entrants from the "less pointy end" of the field were pulling for ya mate - great job.
    This had the makings of a movie!

Comment

Thank You Cgracer, your efforts are really appreciated, such a great job of qualifying and showing us all how it went.
      Great work on the cars guys, we're in for a great race.
      Very cool track and the commentry made it like we were there - well done!!
      Racing will be awesome with so many cars so close, the coverage will be a 'not to miss' event.

Comment

Once again thanks Rob for the excellent video and commentary on each car, Congrats to the faster guys up the top of the pile, awesome cars.
        Special mention to Aaroldn for holding the top spot for sooo long.

Looking forward to next weeks race

Comment

Smokeio....did you see the Q results???

Comment

Great run Dungeonracer, Audi1, DRW21 and Arroldn!! This will be close as the race with in the race is big. It will take near perfection for the winner of this round. Rob thank you for qualifying, video and commentary. Good Luck to all the builders on race day

Comment

Hello all, the Race will be broadcast on YouTube Monday October 26th at 5:15PM Pacific Time.....8:15PM Eastern. I will post the link as we get closer.

Good Luck to you all!

Rob
              Last edited by Cgyracer; October 25, 2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Rob, thanks for the excellent qualifying coverage; really top shelf!

Congrats. to Dickie and Tony on their podium qualy times! Looks like it could be a tight race tomorrow....

Good luck to everyone!

Allan

Comment

Race is broadcast Monday October 26 at
                  5:15 Pacific
                  8:15 Eastern

Comment

Let hope the two Italian Ponies can stay in the top five. Hopefully mine will get a top 3

Comment

Reminder for Race #5 video at 5:15 PM Pacific , 8:15 PM Eastern

https://youtu.be/8t8PL3GSuZo

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1