Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

Ford vs Ferrari - Round #1 - Wayne's World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford vs Ferrari - Round #1 - Wayne's World

The Ford vs Ferrari Proxy cars are all packed away and hit the mail today - they should be with Mike (smokeio) by Friday; Saturday latest.

Stay tuned for Round #1 updates from the Shoreliners Club in Southern CT. This will be fun!

Just FYI - the cars will come back to The River Run for Round #3; probably towards the end of April.

Also remember - we're awarding 1 point for TQ at each Round - so it's more than just pre-race info this time around.

Good luck to all!

Allan

What's the point structure for race results?

Thanks.

Comment

• Audi1
      Audi1 commented
      Editing a comment
      1 point for TQ, then reverse number of points for each car in racing order. First = 27, second = 26, etc.

• slothead
      slothead commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. I wondered if you only awarded podium points.

Cars are here. Stay tuned.

Comment

• arroldn
      arroldn commented
      Editing a comment
      I just hope after breaking my track record my little pony is competitive. Having a big let down in the SCCA Proxy. When is qualifying?

NOTICE:

We are officially on hold now for the start of Round #1 of the Ford vs Ferrari Proxy.

The cars will be held in CT by the Shoreliners Club and racing will resume as soon as it is safe.

We're sorry for the delay, but given the way that COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down and the very real threat of spreading this infection, we have no other reasonable choice to make at this point.

Stay tuned for further updates on the timing of Round #1.

Allan

Comment

Someone thinks it will all be over by Easter

Comment

• Audi1
        Audi1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It may very well be. These Coronavirus infections come up and go down. Once a sufficient percentage of the population has been exposed, the virus has a hard time finding new hosts to infect and when that happens, without a host (herd immunity), the virus goes down and then, usually, disappears from the population. Viruses are obligate parasites - without a host, they perish. And the COVID-19 fatality rate, so far, looks low for a beta Coronavirus - about 3-4% - which is very good news for all of us, since the other two well-known Coronaviruses; SARS and MERS, have fatality rates that are about 10-fold higher. What this Coronavirus has that it's two close relatives don't, is a very high rate of infectivity - that's the reason for the social distancing and the suggested self-quarantining. COVID-19 targets, binds to and gains entry into our cells via the ACE-2 receptor, which is present in lung cells, as well as others, and which sets up the possibility of a viral pneumonia, which is the serious symptom associated with the disease. So, there's more than a highly optimistic reason for thinking that things may look different three weeks from now. We can always hope.
        Last edited by Audi1; March 25, 2020, 10:59 AM.

• F1Fan
        F1Fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Allan, interesting read, appreciate you sharing some of your expertise in this field.

• Pepsi 62
        Pepsi 62 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for all that information Allan, hope it works out for you guys in the USA, over here seems not too many are getting the idea of 'social distancing' and self isolation.

We will be lucky if we can even make a decision on this by Easter. We are looking forward to doing this race and perhaps the cars can at least get qualified soon.

Last edited by RichD; March 27, 2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arroldn View Post
        Someone thinks it will all be over by Easter
        Sounds like pressure....and it might speed things up.

My manager uses the same analogy at my workplace, “Rob this needs to be done by Easter”. I know it won’t be done, my manager knows it won’t be done but my manager knows he’s putting pressure on me to work long hours to get it done by May instead of July!

I better get back to work....lol!!

Rob

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1