Name:	shootout4.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	66741 Click image for larger version

Name:	shootout 1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	66742
    First up we ran a 50 lap Shootout for the Winston Cup Cars. Winner was determined by be lowest elapsed time
    Lance ran all cars in the outside White Lane

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-29 181432 pic a.png Views:	40 Size:	9.1 KB ID:	66464

Here are fastest lap that Lance ran for each car
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-29 184324 a.png Views:	38 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	66465
    Now for the faster COT entries
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-29 185414 b.png Views:	37 Size:	5.3 KB ID:	66466
    We were able to get #5 to run at a very slow pace
    Here are the fastest times for this class
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-29 185810 d.png Views:	37 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	66467

As Lance shared it was interesting to drive the different configurations of cars. It was clear some of the WC cars are well balanced and can run comparable times equal to the big brothers COT entrants. We were able to get the #5 to run again albeit off the pace.

Some pictures will be loaded in the future
    Click image for larger version

Name:	shootout2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	66743 Click image for larger version

Name:	shootout3.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	66744

Lance thank you for the 1250 laps you ran ... i hope your finger is ok.

Until the oval race next week enjoy, be safe, be happy, be you...
    Aloha
    Dale
    Last edited by Aloha; November 30, 2020, 11:09 PM.

I'm not involved in any way, but I did enjoy reading the race reports.

Here's a thought submitted for your consideration. An unrealistic aspect of slot car racing is that all cars start even as though on a 9 or 16 lane drag strip. In most forms of auto racing there's a starting grid arranged in some order. Such as an F1 starting grid that has a staggered order to it. I invert staggered starting grids on my tracks just like in the feature races at dirt short tracks so the favored cars have to work their way through the field. The race clock starts when the first car crosses the start line and many seconds can have passed by the time the end of the grid gets to the start line. Rather than having the field stretch out as the race goes on so lead cars have unsurmountable advantages, I prefer the field to bunch up as the race progresses so that every car has to compete at it's ideal level consistently for a favorable finish.

Comment

• slothead
      slothead commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the way I do things, certainly not for everyone. I'm not familiar with Trackmate, I record individual lap times then do the scoring in an Excel spreadsheet. The staggered starting grid delay for cars is entered as it's lap 0 time, which is added to it's lap 1 time to become part of its cumulative time. If you run the cars one at a time you could also pause cars for a desired amount of time on their first lap. If the starting grid is inverted the lead car would not pause, the 2nd car might pause for a count of 1, the 3rd for a count of 2 and so on. If Trackmate retains the individual lap times for a session they can be cut and pasted into a spreadsheet and the calculations done there.

• k0z0oo1
      k0z0oo1 commented
      Editing a comment
      slothead That is a great idea to be able to do this with the intent to get the closest race possible. As the series director I find it difficult to be able to devise a way that any race host would be able to facilitate this for a consistent product. Also, my opinion on proxy racing is that it is about build and setup skill. This is a 2-part skill, not only does it have to be quick to be able to place up front consistently, it has to be smooth and easy to drive (or at least fast enough to make up for the occasional off)

• slothead
      slothead commented
      Editing a comment
      For a proxy like what you're doing I agree the way you did it is best since the point is to have the best cars show their stuff.

Now if you just happened to have a bunch of similar cars and wanted to create an interesting race then why not be creative. I use the format I described for the Solo International Proxy (SIP) series when I'm the host. I offer a field of cars for participants to claim then run the race myself and post the results. For the last few races I did the 1 Mile Challenge for 7 cars, meaning I drove each for a full actual mile on my track (92 laps). After 75 laps 1st and 2nd place were less than a second apart, though the lead car ran a flawless final 17 laps and pulled away for the win. I think everyone enjoyed it, I know I did.

Thanks for the conversation.

Congrats to the podium placers in the Shootout. It is a preview of the Oval race coming up next week!
    DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series

Comment

Thanks guys for doing the Shootout. Congrats to all the podium finishers.
      Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
      Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Was the shoot out an official race with full points or will follow the "real " race on the same track once more?

Comment

Great idea thanks Scott thanks congrats to the Podium Winners

Comment

Working...
          X
          UA-149438709-1