Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 season, take 2

All,
    Thanks for the patience you have all exhibited in the late part of 2019 and early 2020.

As with most things now, I expect this season to be a little different than in the past as some clubs are not able to race together and host full events. That being said, getting the series back to racing will be great for all of us, even if it is not how we have been used to it in the past.

The arrival deadline is quickly approaching, and we will once again have over 36 cars if everyone is still able to send them in. While the schedule is more fluid than ever, and tracks we race on may change we will get a season in.

I want to thank Slot Car Corner for their support last season with the awesome prize packs, and for pledging support again this year. We all use so many products they either make or sell, and it’s awesome they want to give back to the racers!

If you are a race host, please jump over the the schedule/host thread and let me know availability for hosting as we try to piece a schedule together. Typically I like to have it mostly planned out, but 2020 doesn’t seem to want to give us that opportunity.

Thank again all racers and hosts!
    -Scott
    DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series

Thanks Scott

Comment

Originally posted by k0z0oo1 View Post
      All,
      Thanks for the patience you have all exhibited in the late part of 2019 and early 2020.

As with most things now, I expect this season to be a little different than in the past as some clubs are not able to race together and host full events. That being said, getting the series back to racing will be great for all of us, even if it is not how we have been used to it in the past.

The arrival deadline is quickly approaching, and we will once again have over 36 cars if everyone is still able to send them in. While the schedule is more fluid than ever, and tracks we race on may change we will get a season in.

I want to thank Slot Car Corner for their support last season with the awesome prize packs, and for pledging support again this year. We all use so many products they either make or sell, and it’s awesome they want to give back to the racers!

If you are a race host, please jump over the the schedule/host thread and let me know availability for hosting as we try to piece a schedule together. Typically I like to have it mostly planned out, but 2020 doesn’t seem to want to give us that opportunity.

Thank again all racers and hosts!
      -Scott
      Prize Pack? Didn't get one 😑

I'm good to host whenever.
      Ken, IRB Speedway, Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

Comment

• k0z0oo1
        k0z0oo1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot to get them sent to you, you kept your cars... sorry. I’ll get them out to you for sure!

Hi Scott, my cars may be delayed until early next week. I won't be able to mail them to you until Saturday. Hoping this won't be a problem. Let me know if this will be ok.

Thanks,

Josh

Comment

Scott, You should be getting our cars Wed. 5/27
        Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

sorry Scott, I have no chance of making it this year, In for the next one though, enjoy the series

Comment

• k0z0oo1
            k0z0oo1 commented
            Editing a comment
            disreguard my other post... I just saw this one again.

My two cars on the way tomorrow via USPS. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Comment

Cars on the hauler.

Comment

• arroldn
              arroldn commented
              Editing a comment
              In the house Saturday the 30th.

Scott, Just wondering if my cars made it there safely. REL13
            Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

Cars are arriving. I hope to get them checked in today/tomorrow
              DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series

Comment

Guys, I let Scott know last week that I am not participating this season. I have more than enough slot car racing available in my area that keeps me busy enough and scratches my slot car itch. So, with difficulty, I chose to put proxy racing aside for at least this year. I also made the difficult decision to take my track down so that my wife and I can have the garage space back for a new car we now have. So, major changes for me slot car wise. I'll be watching the results of this year's DaVols Proxy, so good luck to you all 🏁🏁🏁
                Ken, IRB Speedway, Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

Comment

• arroldn
                  arroldn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hate to hear that you will not be in the hunt for CUP Gold this year Ken. You have been a great moderator and competitor. You will be missed. Hope you find a place for your track since a new baby is in the garage.
              Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1