Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

Winston Gearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winston Gearing?

Well... It looks like I'll get no track time with my entry before it goes out. Being a newbie to this series any rules of thumb for gear ration on Winston Cup cars. I planning on 10/28 currently, just waiting for pinion to arrive so I can test it on the roller. Not much in the history books regarding builds with the 18k motors

I usually like 9/27 or 10/25 for 18k motors.
    DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series

Comment

I would not deviate too much from 3:1..........not the lightest cars, and not the smallest tires..........10/28 is likely OK, but, I would personally feel more comfortable with 9/27 or 9/28.............at 10/28 the roller will likely indicate a higher top end, but, not give you a good read on acceleration or braking, where your car will make up more time.

Cheers
      Chris Walker

Comment

Does anyone have pictures of the tracks ?

Comment

• k0z0oo1
          k0z0oo1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Many of the tracks are the same from years past. Those pictures a
          Would be found on the old forum... I’ll see what I can find, and will post them in the schedule thread when possible.

Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll do some playing around on the roller and see where I land.

Comment

• chrisguyw
          chrisguyw commented
          Editing a comment
          No disrespect, but, the roller will not give you the important info..!!

• cj74
          cj74 commented
          Editing a comment
          As stated in my original post... I will get no track time. So while I appreciate the comment and realize it isn't an ideal method, it is all I have.
      Working...
      X
      UA-149438709-1