Tracks for DaVolsForums Cup Proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracks for DaVolsForums Cup Proxy

OK guys and gals. I'm going to try and play my hand at being your Moderator/Race Director for the upcoming 2022 Season of the DeVols/Forums Cup Proxy. I am asking all track host to respond as soon as possible as your intention to sponsor a round of this long running proxy. There has been as many as 12 races in a season and I hope we can get that many for the 2022 edition. The series will be comprised of both oval, roval, and road-course circuits. Hopefully the mix will be 70% ovals with the other 30% roval or road-courses.

Please respond by January 22nd to make your intentions known if you plan to be a race host. I do not see many changes in the rules for this series. The only 2 that I can think of at this time is the issue with the frame rail on the WC cars, and the decision as to whether or not there is a spec tire. Your comments are welcome on the tire issue. Some people are pro Paul Gage and some are pro Super Tires. I may just allow both or any urethane tire. I will be testing on my group of cars to see if there is any distinct advantage between the two. Not sure what one would call and advantage. I may need your help on that as well.

That is it for now. Let me hear any of your concerns as soon as possible. I would like to have the rules finalized by January 15th. I think 2 weeks should be enough time for all to express their concerns.
    Arrold Martin
    Nashville TN

Super tire

Comment

Arraold I can make my 70' road course available.

We run 90% rubber and a wee bit of urethanes here so silicones may have a bit of a struggle, at least the first few will. Nobody here uses them so I don't really know how they will fare.

Comment

• arroldn
        arroldn commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Mitch.

Our club has two ovals that would be happy to host two races. Manure Pile and The Ivoryton Raceway. one is wood and the other plastic. To me It does not matter which tire we use as long everyone uses the same tire.
      Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
      Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

• arroldn
        arroldn commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

All those who are willing to host PM me the address of the track so that I can make the schedule conducive to shorter shipping distances for each host.
      Arrold Martin
      Nashville TN

Comment

Arroldn
        Happy to host here in Hawaii
        Dale

Comment

OK so far 3 Ovals 2 Rovals and 1 Road-course. Come on in the water is fine.
          Arrold Martin
          Nashville TN

Comment

Oh forgot to add if you prefer a certain time of the year to run your session. If not I'll try to keep it as close as possible to previous years.
            Arrold Martin
            Nashville TN

Comment

• Mitch58
              Mitch58 commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't matter here, just schedule us in a spot that needs filling.

I'll volunteer the Manchvegas oval track in NH again this year. We can also do a road course if you want...
            Dickie Pearson
            Canterbury, NH

HOST - Home Operated Slot Tracks
            MSR - Main Street Racing

Comment

• arroldn
              arroldn commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. Sounds good 1 Oval 1 Road Course.

OK looking for a few more tracks. Looks like 8 commits so far.
            Arrold Martin
            Nashville TN

Comment

• Mitch58
              Mitch58 commented
              Editing a comment
              We also have a second club track available here in Portland. A three lane routed MDF road course 66' long if you're coming up short.

• arroldn
              arroldn commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mitch. The additional track would bring us to 4 Road Courses. Now to get 2-3 more ovals. My goal is to get 12 tracks. 8 ovals and 4 Road/Roval. If I get 12 I may drop my track. Not sure.

Great work Arrold

Comment

I can host again on my Carrera Road course.
              Mike - Galena Ohio

"When you're back there with the squirrels, you're bound to get your nuts cracked." - Graham Rahal

https://www.hrwforum.com/forum/hrw-a...gends-bullring

Comment

One more Oregon road track, if needed: http://www.naste.org/track_detail.cfm?ID=16
                Stan S.
                Newberg, OR
                Autodromo Rossa Colline (Red Hills Raceway)
                Member NASTE (Northwest Association of Slot Track Enthusiasts)

Comment

• arroldn
                  arroldn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Could not open the file. went to the Facebook page. Nice looking 4 lane road course.
                  Last edited by arroldn; January 12, 2022, 11:18 AM.

Thanks to all who have responded. More Ovaltine please
                Arrold Martin
                Nashville TN

Comment

So this is how we are looking as far as tracks. 5 Road-courses, 1 Roval, 5 Ovals. I would like to get 3 more ovals if possible. This is a NASCAR proxy. Yes I know in 1:1 they are going to more Road-courses but we need to get a few more ovals. Come on and jump in the water.

3 tracks in OR, 2 in CT, 2 in NH and 2 in HI. That cuts shipping down greatly. 1 track in OH and my track in TN.

Some of the Road-course track owners said if needed. If I get those Ovals I would like to keep all tracks. That may mean 14 tracks. If not I'll try to balance the racing with if possible 2 more ovals than road-courses.
                  Last edited by arroldn; January 13, 2022, 11:23 PM.
                  Arrold Martin
                  Nashville TN

Comment

• arroldn
                    arroldn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Got another oval today from ZCarfan 4x8 Bullring.
                Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1