• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRW DaVols Forums Cup, Round 5 - 2021 Race 5

HRW DaVols Forums Cup Proxy.
    Round 5
    Suncoast Speedway, Clearwater, FL
    Condensed video.

Last edited by War Eagle River; July 21, 2021, 10:50 AM.
    Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
    Facebook-
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
    YouTube-
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

A bit about Suncoast Speedway and the oval race. The footprint is 17.5'x7.5', the oval is about 42'. The track also converts to a roval configuration, not sure about the roval lap length. As you can see in the video the track races very fast. Each heat was 2 minutes with track calls for every deslot. The Winston Cup driver lineup was Tom (your host), Danilo, Scott and Warner with yours truly on the track call button. All fast drivers. The COT driving was handled by myself (Ken), Scott, Danilo and Warner. Again, fast drivers. Bill and Tom had the track calls for COT. Timing is Trackmate, voltage was 10.1, controllers are track provided PM, adjustable brake and sensitivity. Top speed was the name of the game in this race as well as handling. The roval race will be this Thursday night with a different driver group handling the duties. Congrats to all entrants and I believe the results have been posted in the thread titled DaVols Cup Live.
    Ken, Gulf Key Raceway, Hernando Beach, FL

Comment

great watch, thanks for hosting

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210721_104049.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	109722

Comment

Ken
            May I ask how the cars finishing order were determined? Was it by segments or by fast lap? Just wondering as you a number of close finishes up and down the field. Scott and you had great cars in their respective classes.
            Dale

Comment

Comment

Scoring was by total laps and in cases of ties the foot marker where car finished….. 42 was max number and some cases came down to a half foot between positions. If car stopped halfway between 11 and 12 feet it was scored as 11.5. An inch or two past 11 was still 11.

Comment

• Aloha
                  Aloha commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tom spot on Aloha Dale

Congratulation to the podium finishers in both classes. Thanks to Scott and his team for running this round on the alternate track. Thanks for the video. Man what happened to the COT #12 when it was in the blue lane? Took several minutes to repair.
                Last edited by arroldn; July 21, 2021, 11:28 AM.
                Arrold Martin
                Nashville TN

Comment

Originally posted by Aloha View Post
                  Ken
                  May I ask how the cars finishing order were determined? Was it by segments or by fast lap? Just wondering as you a number of close finishes up and down the field. Scott and you had great cars in their respective classes.
                  Dale
                  Dale, as Tom the track owner and host addressed, the finishes where determined by track segments. And there were many close finishes! Speed won the day, Kozokas COT cars were so fast they didn't have to handle well. In my stints with his cars I just let the cars float through the turns and hammered the straits. In my opinion, the best all around COT on this track was the 29. Fast enough and handled very well. Finished 2nd. The 5 was good, it was ran early before a couple drivers adjusted their driving to the speeds which resulted in more deslots than some of the other top finishers. In WC, my 25 was similar to Ray's 29 COT in that it was plenty fast but also handled on this track well. The guys did a great job driving the entire field of both classes. All in all, it was a fun day of racing, Tom did a great job of hosting with Bill's assistance and Scott and also Bill did some great video. The roval race could produce much different results, stay tuned!

Comment

• Aloha
                    Aloha commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Certainly agree 👍

Originally posted by arroldn View Post
                  Congratulation to the podium finishers in both classes. Thanks to Scott and his team for running this round on the alternate track. Thanks for the video. Man what happened to the COT #12 when it was in the blue lane? Took several minutes to repair.
                  Arrold, the 12 had guide wire issues. The delays to repair were under track calls so no lost time there.

Comment

• arroldn
                    arroldn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's what I thought. Thanks for the repair.

Thank you and the team for running the round. Congratulations to the winning builder and the podium teams also.
                  The Jester
                  of Da Lou (St. Louis) but from
                  the Soxside (Chicago)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1