Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Proxy - Crowning the World Champion! (Rules & Registration)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a reminder #11 for me please

Comment

• Sorry guys, I might have to bow out but I prefer not to.

I had a heart attack on Saturday and have been in hospital since then. Angiogram shows all 3 major arteries in the heart are blocked so I’m booked in for open heart surgery next Thursday with 4 to 6 weeks recovery.

It might give me lots of time to work on my proxy car or it might give me a tight timeline to build the car.

If there’s no-one pushing for entry to the proxy then I’d like to remain, I can’t guarantee I’ll have a car ready but I’ll definitely try.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

• arroldn
      arroldn commented
      Editing a comment
      Prayers for you my friend. I just completed my first cycle of Chemo today. No side effects so far. I wouldn't want one over the other but with today's medical science and my faith I'm claiming 30 more years. Take care of yourself and get well. As Tony said I will be looking forward to the 2021 Touring Car Proxy. Got to do better. May have to change my car from the taxi or at least modify it.

• Audi1
      Audi1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm really sorry to hear about that, Paul. Take your time, listen to you body and get back into things at your own pace. We will, undoubtedly, still be here racing our toy cars and there is no scarcity of proxy races here on the HRW forum these days. So, you're in good hands here, and as Jimmy says, with regards to Doctors you're in good hands there. My neighbor just had a triple bypass operation and was back to work 3 weeks later. You're a lucky man; some people don't get the wake-up call first. We'll look forward to your re-joining the pack shortly!

• ZackM
      ZackM commented
      Editing a comment
      What a bummer. Hoping for a speedy recovery and an equally fast car!

Zack

• Paul, take care and get well soon!

Comment

• Maaate... Fair dinks, that ain't great... Take it easy - don't bother trying to get it done... Looking at postal services delivery times, I'm planning on getting my entry in the mail by next Thurs to get to Chris on time, so dunno how you reckon you can do a full valve grind etc and get it done too....

Just take a load off and let the nurses spoil you - isn't that what Medicare is for?
      All the way from Sydney, Australia.......

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

• Paul my thoughts and prayers are with you and Arrold, I wish you both all the best and speedy recoveries. Waking up to this news today is a shock, but we need to put things into perspective and I am going to shamelessly steal this comment from Allan, as I could not have said it any better myself:

"Take your time, listen to you body and get back into things at your own pace. We will, undoubtedly, still be here racing our toy cars and there is no scarcity of proxy races here on the HRW forum these days. So, you're in good hands here, and as Jimmy says, with regards to Doctors you're in good hands there. You're a lucky man; some people don't get the wake-up call first. We'll look forward to your re-joining the pack shortly!"

We look forward to hearing from you and providing us with some ridiculous, inappropriate and completely irrelevant comments along the way!

Arrold and Paul please take very good care of yourselves.

Chris
        "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "
        "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing"

Murray Walker

Comment

• arroldn
          arroldn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Chris. Your words are taken to heart. I truly love the comraderie and friendships established by this forum. Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. We'll beat this thing.

• Brumos RSR
          Brumos RSR commented
          Editing a comment
          First off everything F1and Audi1 said, and thoughts and prayers are with you both from me and my Family. And to Paul, I’m not sure what a lascivious woman is ( kids read this so no pics please😔) but you
          might want to stay away from em and pics of SirChrisGuyW’s WC chassis for a little while. New word for the day for me can’t wait to use it 😂😇
          Last edited by Brumos RSR; February 4, 2021, 05:39 PM.

• Cgyracer
          Cgyracer commented
          Editing a comment
          And please stay away from watching Zack’s video of his Porsche entry. It’s been know to cause heart problem too!

• Thanks guys.

What annoys me the most is I don’t smoke, don’t drink, not overweight, exercise a bit and only cavort with lascivious women occasionally. Apart from the dodgy heart I’m in pretty good shape.

Arrold, make sure you do the full treatment for the chemo. My father-in-law has just finished his last course of 8 and the side affects made him so depressed he was going to give up after 4. Best tip I can give you is to research the pills they give you. F-i-l found one that was the main culprit for his loss of muscle strength so halved the dose and was heaps better.

Tony, you’ve got a month and a half to get your car to Chris. Gives me 3 weeks to get mine done and in the post.

3 weeks - 1 week to the operation, 1 in recovery at the hospital, 5 days cavorting with lascivious women, 1 day with the missus which leaves a day to build the car.

And I can cut down the time with the missus if I’m pushed for time. 😁
        Last edited by sports racer; February 4, 2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Audi1
          Audi1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chemotherapy was designed to kill cells that are rapidly-growing. So, two things happen when you take it; first the tumor cells take it up and are killed in the process (tumor cells grow faster than normal cells, that's the main reason that cancer is a medical problem for us), second, other cells in your body that metabolize faster than the rest also take it up and in the process, they are also either damaged or killed. When cells die or are damaged, the release their contents into your system and some of them mediate small changes the show up as the symptoms of chemotherapy and cause things like nausea, headaches, cold symptoms, etc. That's just the way that chemotherapy works. Radiotherapy works in much the same way; except it is not, generally, systemic, but it can produce some of the same symptoms. That your cancer cells are dying is a good thing and the symptoms that you experience are a testament to the fact that the chemo is doing what it is supposed to do. It should get better as you progress in your treatment, simply because your body get used to the release of these mediators. You're doing the right thing, Arrold. Keep at it. Allan

• arroldn
          arroldn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Allan for the encouraging words. Yes sir we are going to beat this.

• F1Fan
          F1Fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy to hear Paul, take good care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Update on my operation. They ended up doing a quadruple bypass and there’s no lobotomy scars so all good. I should be home next week and working on my entry.

Looking forward to it.

Arrold, hope you’re in good health.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

• arroldn
          arroldn commented
          Editing a comment
          2nd round of chemo scheduled for Monday. They are forecasting 3-4 inches of snow Sunday night Monday morning. Stop laughing For TN that is a lot of snow. Bad part is that is will be proceeded by freezing rain. So snow on top of ice does not make for good driving conditions. I'll have to see if the doctors office is closed. Then snow again on Wednesday. Glad to know you will be on your feet soon.

• Paul
        Great news. Pls take it easy
        Aloha
        Dale

Comment

• Get well soon Paul,& stop chasing the nurses around the ward calling it exercise.if the bride catches you there will be much more brusing than your Quadruple & throw in a limp.
          Cheers Jimmy

Comment

• 😂😂😂 that’s hilarious

Comment

• I think I am stating the obvious, but in speaking with Rob earlier today we thought it important to provide clarity and confirmation that only cars that were painted by the entrant himself will be eligible for the Concours Award.

Thanks

Chris

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong "

Murray Walker

Comment

• Brumos RSR
                Brumos RSR commented
                Editing a comment
                I got a shot at winning😂😂😂

• Aloha
                Aloha commented
                Editing a comment
                Tony I heard that fluorescent red and silver paint schemes will not be considered. Seriously I know you will have a great looking car.

• Don’t worry, mine isn’t going to be concours quality. Should be somewhere between ‘Gorgeous grunge’ and ‘hide this one under the table’.

Comment

• Looks like I’m out of this proxy due to health reasons.

Yesterday was the first time I did some work on my entry since coming out of hospital and after an hour of grinding, twisting, pulling and pushing the pain in my chest started to feel bad. There’s still lots more hours of work needed and I’d rather look after my heart than push to get the car built to a rapidly approaching deadline.

Health wise I continue to amaze the doctors and district nurse with my recovery but it seems a stitched up breastbone doesn’t like so much hand movement. Got to take it real easy so I’ll take my time and work on getting a car built for next year.

Cheers and a big shout out to everyone else who has managed to get their car done. Respect guys.

Paul

Comment

• steeveew
                  steeveew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Take care of yourself Paul,don't push yourself to hard.

Steve

• SuperSlab
                  SuperSlab commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Job 1 for you is to get well. Slot cars are a distant second. Look after yourself!

• Smokeio
                  Smokeio commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Paul. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Next time tell the doc to use JB Weld for the repairs!

• Get well soon Paul & take it easy like the doc said.

Cheers Jimmy

Comment

• sports racer
                  sports racer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stop making me laugh so much, it hurts. 😂

• Hi

Just to ensure everyone is aware - the deadline is March 26 (it was posted elsewhere as March 12 - apologies for the confusion)

From the rules:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rules.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	83621

Murray Walker

Comment

Working...
                X
                UA-149438709-1