No announcement yet.

2020 U2.0 Trams Am Proxy Scorekeeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are starting to line up our drivers and marshals for race #6 at Bent Tree Raceway. No shipping involved, the cars were handed off to me today. The race will next week or the week after.
    Track details etc will be posted soon. Good luck to all!
    Rob

Comment

I'm still leading the 911s

Comment

• noddaz
        noddaz commented
        Editing a comment
        And I have the fastest Mini....

Although RobNC appears to have the championship in the bag, it's not yet mathematically impossible for some of the other front runners to catch him.

And look at that battle for the remaining podium steps!! Only 4 points separating 2nd through 5th places. That's some good, competitive racing!

I've been hanging onto my 10th place position in the standings for some time, but Mseitz is closing in on me. Will he supplant me from my current position and finish the series in the top 10?

CourtneyS has a healthy lead among the non-914 cars, but Gascarnut and Doubl-B are in a fierce battle for that second place spot in class.

And with several other battles happening lower in the standings, this is turning out to be one exciting proxy!

Cars were delivered to modernslots last night and qualifying will most likely happen next week at Bent Tree Raceway. Racing will not take place on the 24th as I had previously stated. Looks more like Thursday, October 1st.

Best of luck to all contenders!

Steve
      Team SCANC
      Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
      OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
      Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Thanks Steve

Comment

It only starts getting interesting from 22nd place and onwards

Comment

• noddaz
            noddaz commented
            Editing a comment
            It does? Oh yeah! Right! lol

I wasn't going to make this public, but I received ZackM's Alfa yesterday in excellent condition and I ran 20 laps with it at Woodland Trace just to see where it would have qualified if it were here for Round 5.

Zack's Alfa ran a 6.628 fast lap with a median time of 6.81. That would have qualified it 11th overall in Round 5, ahead of Apexbomber's 914 and ahead of all of the Non-914 cars. For reference, CourtneyS's 240 Z qualified in Round 5 with a 6.693 fast lap and 6.71 median.

Zack's car is smooth and quick and handles nicely but it has a tendency to understeer when pushed. I pushed it in qualifying to get the best from it and it de-slotted twice, each time in a different turn, both of them being tight.

Woodland Trace Raceway has a lot of complex turns, most of which are not constant radius. I routed it using Luf's lexan strip.

For Round 6 the cars will race on modernslot's Bent Tree Raceway which is CNC routed with constant radius turns with the exception of a short S section that we had hand routed.

The current standings may get tossed again after Round 6. It will be interesting to see, especially with so many cars so close together at the top of the standings.

Qualifying will happen one evening this week and we're planning on running the race on Thursday, October 1st.

Good luck to all entrants!
          Team SCANC
          Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Steve, great post and thanks for the update

Comment

Here is the updated overall standings after Race #6 in Winston- Salem. Great pictures and reporting as usual from the crew in North Carolina so thank you!
              Modernslots second place finish this race moves his up to 3rd overall pushing Audi1 out of his #3 spot to 5th overall.

For the non Porshe914's Courtney has a healthy lead over Gascarnut & DoubleB who are tied.

Several interesting groupings that is for sure, thought I would list them.

Second thru fifth is for the taking.
              Leadfinger
              Modernslots
              Big Duhg
              Audi1

Sixth thru eighth..... three points difference
              Brumos
              Apexbomber
              F1Fan

ninth thru eleventh..... two points difference
              Courtney
              Fast Company
              MSeitz

three way tie for twelfth!
              Aloha
              Gascarnut
              Double-B

Redlynr in his own bubble at fifteenth

sixteenth thru eighteenth..... five points difference
              Mitch
              JTK
              Docdoom

The biggest grouping is nineteenth thru twenty-third. Three cars tied at 21. Only two points separating five cars!
              Beast Lee
              ALS
              Arroldn
              Barc1
              CJ74

The final three spots have cars with some points separation.
              Dogsbody
              Pepsi 62
              noddaz

Click image for larger version

Name:	race6U2.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	58165

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Wow! Some tight groups, that's for sure! Look at all those ties in the standings. Two cars tied for 10th. Three cars tied for 12th. Three cars tied for 21st.
                Team SCANC
                Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Thanks for the analysis. I'm leading the 911 brigade.

Comment

Racers here is the updated standings after Round 7 racing at SlotZuka.

Within the big 5 cars at the top there is consistent juggling like last round.
                    RobNC is in solid first place but positions 2nd thru 5th are always changing. This time Big Duhg moves up two spots to 2nd place. Modernslots moves up two spots to 3rd place. Leadfinger down two spots to 4th. Audi1 down two spots to 5th. I'm pretty sure this is not the end of it for these cars battling for position.

Other notable movement is MSeitz moving up two spots to 9th. ALS up three spots (the biggest move!) to 20th. Arroldn unfortunately dropped two spots to 22nd in the large grouping of five cars he is involved in.

The other groupings have had some movement too but not as much movement as you see with the big cars at the top.

Name:	TA2.0round7.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	59114

Comment

Wow! Only 4 points separating 2nd through 5th. And 7 points separating 6th through 10th. Close racing!

Looks like I’ve got 11th place sewn up.

Thanks for the update Rob.

Looking forward you the remaining races and hoping I can get my car back into the top ten.
                      Last edited by Fast Co.; October 17, 2020, 12:29 PM.
                      Team SCANC
                      Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

I expect it’s even closer when the worst round is out of the scoring.

Comment

Gentlemen here are the standings after Round #8. Now that we are getting into the very late rounds of the Proxy, I have dropped each driver's worst round on this updated overall score.

Some of you have now used your "Get out of Jail" card on a really bad round from what you are accustomed to....plus if your car does not like silicone tracks it could be an exciting finish! Now it's very late and I'm still at work.....where is that energy drink??!

Name:	U2 round 8.png
Views:	182
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	61642
                          Last edited by Cgyracer; November 3, 2020, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Here are the overall results after Round #9 with your worst race dropped. Leadfinger and RobNC took the biggest hits points wise from what I see. RobNC's 50 point lead is now down to 27 points still maintaining 1st place. Leadfinger has now dropped to 5th place. Congratulations to Fast Company for the big win!

Name:	round 9.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	469.5 KB
ID:	62860

Comment

• Aloha
                              Aloha commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Rob you amaze me ... thanks for the update ... i just keep wondering when do you have time to do all of this... Aloha Dale

• Cgyracer
                              Cgyracer commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You hit the nail on the head Dale. It’s a crazy time for sure! Light at the end of the tunnel.
                              Thanks!
                          Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1