Announcement

Collapse

Host Your Proxy Event on HRW!!!

HRW is the perfect place to host your proxy event with your own forum. Your proxy forum makes it easy to communicate schedules, rules, build info, race results and facilitate communication among participants. Please send a Private Message to "HRWForum" to get started.
See more
See less

Question about the next Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the next Showdown

Harry, Just wondering if you are planning to add the new Predator motors to the list of motors we can use in both classes?
    Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Yes, I will update the rules page soon.
    -Harry

Comment

I kind of thought so, When you and Mr. Brew did the testing on them with the Mod.
      Robert- Connecticut, USA. Shoreline Raceways Club.

Comment

Do the Predators have enough umph to push the weight of those cars effectively, and will they be as long lasting as the Piranha’s? Suppose some extensive testing is warranted.
        Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

Comment

• 4424ever
          4424ever commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t recall the weight but I have a 34 done just like yours with a Scaley nascar chassis and stock motor in it. Works real good and runs right along with most of the other mods

4442ever, the 34 Mod I entered weighed approx 100g. Will try the Pred. in a car about the same weight to see if it’ll keep up.

Comment

Now I’m wondering I’ll weigh mine tonight and let you know

Comment

So here it is

Comment

The mod I built for Harry to auction weighs 88 grams. Geared 10:26 ( bigger pinion for more torque..taller gear for more top end)
              I turned 2.7 something & Harry turned 2.64 after he ran it only half dozen laps. I think the fastest mod at the Summer Slam was 2.49.
              The Predator is the 18K version & had no ballast or tuning....Just trued PG tires. Runs real smooth & easy to drive "out of the box"
              so to speak. Check out Harry's video.
              I built a 2nd one to play with at Harry's last week (geared 10:25..87 grams) It's a little bit faster, but
              I didn't get any times.....................Hope this helps......Brew

Comment

Personally, And this is only my first foray into this event...so speaking off the cuff. Would like to see a single spec motor for each class. Even if it’s the Predator for the Modifieds and Piranha’s for the Sportsman’s. At least be consistent with no advantages due to motors. As a race coordinator running many classes, with a semi-large group of racers, we have found that a spec motor for each class kind of evens the playing field a bit. Then its up to the builders/racers to do what they can to improve the performance in other ways., be it weight, gearing, etc. Just rambling perhaps...

Comment

That is one of the aspects of the Showdown I like spec motors spec wheels and tires, now scratch build a car and race

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  UA-149438709-1