Test Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Track

I figure any track is better than no track so I cleared off a work table that was covered in stuff. Put some sheets of 1/2” foam core I had on it to make a smoother surface and squeezed some Scalextric Sport track onto it. It’s not real pretty but I can now run my cars around. It’s a bit to small to call it a race track so I’m calling this my test track.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9569ECF2-AA32-4985-B67D-309641821C52.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	83399

There’s something pretty special about a track like that.
    When you’re able build a larger one, it’ll be a tough decision to take this one down.
    Mark

Comment

errr
      Eric Foster
      Port Republic Va

Comment

I dont know what happened to my last post.
        Looks fine to me
        Eric Foster
        Port Republic Va

Comment

You are correct.....any track is better than no track. You at least can run cars around, and if you build cars you can at least test them. Small layouts can be big fun...
          Come Race at The Trace!
          Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
          https://cults3d.com/en/users/chappyman662/creations

Comment

two lanes,two cars,two drivers-i'd call it a race track
            bill ,framingham ma

Comment

It looks good to me. That's a good track to cut down the voltage and make it just fast enough for good racing.
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

Looking good from out here and the stable of cars you have looks pretty sweeeeeeet too!! As said, "any track is BETTER than no track!!" ENJOY
                TOM...HOME RACING GOO GOO!!!
                Warren, Ohio

Comment

Thanks guys. So far the test track has shown me the advantages of tire and wheel truing. The Capri has really improved with some simple sanding.

Comment

I'd race that! I see the foam against the concrete walls to prevent damage, a must have, I've got some paint marks on my painted sheetrock need to add foam in a couple spots.

Comment

• Michael Squier
                      Michael Squier commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, and I’ve been rubbing up on it plenty.

So for some two car one driver testing I put a screw in the trigger of one controller so I can set the top speed, and a rubber hair band, don’t tell my wife or the cat, to hold it open. Now the testing is really fun.

Comment

Buy these and wire up separate driver's stations.....

You can turn the voltage down to whatever you want (helps with the kids too).
                      Come Race at The Trace!
                      Timberline Trace International Raceway - SW of Mpls, MN
                      https://cults3d.com/en/users/chappyman662/creations

Comment

• Michael Squier
                        Michael Squier commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That’s an interesting idea. I’ve been Contimplating buying a better power supply with variable voltage and more amps than I’ve got. Currently I have a 12 old 2.5 amp regulated supply that I’ve has since the late 80’s. It seems to work ok on the test track.

The test track continues to amaze. I’ve been using my Carrera Monza as the ghost car and so far it’s been easy to lap it. So I spent a little time sanding the center of the rims for better contact patch then sanding the tires almost tru, but much stickier. I was able to speed up the ghost car and made the “racing” much more competitive. Thus proving to me that sanding tires works.

Comment

Anywhere ya can hook up yer controller...
                        Enjoy! -- Ernie

Comment

I did a slight curve change and put a hill into the back straight, just a couple changes can make it feel like a different track. Just testing and having fun here.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1