Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REL13
    replied
    That sounds great Mike, We really don't need each lap time. We are just looking for total laps, Fast lap and Average lap. And the 2 minutes for each heat is also good.

Leave a comment:

• Zcarfan
    replied
    Following up, on the GMS Legends Bullring, in inside lane has a radius of 22 1/2" from corner to corner. measured from slots just as the corner starts. Just slightly wider than Carrera's inside lane on their tightest corner.

As for Timing recording, we will be capturing total laps, fast lap and Average lap. While it looks like I could get individual lap times, with the number of cars and time frame in which to run the race, it is time prohibitive to record that information. Each het will be 2 minutes in length for both tracks.

Leave a comment:

• slothead
    replied
    I happily refer to myself as a data nerd (retired research scientist). If you can record and share individual lap times for the proxy race I'll have a great time playing with the data. I produce statistical profiles for my cars as a way to characterize performance.

While the primary outcome for the overall proxy results will be what cars finish each race in the top spots, another interesting finding that might originally be buried in the data is what cars would make great racing partners due to similarity of performance. Once a group of cars are profiled it's also possible to simulate races in which a full field of cars was on the track for a heat race (6-8 cars) or a feature race (12 or more cars).

I hope this is something your time software can do and that you'll consider.

Leave a comment:

• Zcarfan
    replied
    That's how we do it at the GMS.

Leave a comment:

• SlotCat
    commented on 's reply
    Driver staying with lane and cars rotating makes the most sense for equal proxy racing.

• SlotCat
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for posting your nice looking tracks, always like to know the table size too!

• Zcarfan
    commented on 's reply
    That is how I’ve run my proxies, driver stays in there spot and the cars rotate through the lanes.

• REL13
    commented on 's reply
    All of the Proxy I have run in the drivers stay, cars move. That way it's fair for everyone.

• slothead
    commented on 's reply
    Curious if driver will rotate lanes with car, or if drivers will stay on their assigned lane as the cars rotate?

• arroldn
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. That extra 4 ft is impressive. Wish I had that much room.

• Zcarfan
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll measure the inside, there is a chance we may not use it. I need to get the inside lane wired to see how it runs. On my road course, usually 2-3 minute heats. On the bullring, probably 2 min max per lane.
    Last edited by Zcarfan; December 19, 2020, 02:01 PM.

• Zcarfan
    commented on 's reply
    That’s about what I thought.

• Zcarfan
    commented on 's reply
    The road course is 6x16.
    Last edited by Zcarfan; December 19, 2020, 02:00 PM.

• REL13
    replied
    Probably just like we all do the Proxys . 2 min or 3 min.. heats, and at the end, The one with the most laps wins.

Leave a comment:

• slothead
    replied
    The current version of my oval is similar to your bullring, with just 2 lanes and extended straights to make it 12' long. Being only 4' wide makes the turns on the inside lane tight on my track. If my math is correct your inside lane will have a 11 1/2 inch radius. It will take skill to master that lane at speed, but if a car can stay on consistently having a lot less lap length to cover could work in it's favor.

How do you intend to run your proxy races?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
UA-149438709-1