Woodland Trace Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a final few...

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2885b.jpg Views:	96 Size:	416.2 KB ID:	44315
    Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2886b.jpg Views:	94 Size:	384.5 KB ID:	44316
    Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2892b.jpg Views:	99 Size:	284.7 KB ID:	44317
    Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2896b.jpg Views:	95 Size:	332.4 KB ID:	44319
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3650a.jpg Views:	147 Size:	394.5 KB ID:	55154
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3657a.jpg Views:	147 Size:	458.8 KB ID:	55155
    Last edited by Fast Co.; January 9, 2021, 02:28 PM.
    Team SCANC
    Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
    OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
    Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Great photos and great track. Some of the photos and backgrounds look real. Well done and thanks for sharing. RvE

Comment

• Fast Co.
        Fast Co. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

VERY nicely done! The Monza tower with the Dunlop signage caught my eye. Thanks for the look in! -- Ernie :>)

Comment

Really cool track I like how you have done the scenery and the elevations.
        Do you have an overhead plan of the track at all?

Inspiration for a future track build.

cheers
        David
        Dangermouse to the rescue.

Comment

David,

I based the circuit on this Adobe illustration I designed, but when it came time to put the router to the mdf, many small changes were made, so this is just a rough guide.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WTRPlan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	72902
          Last edited by Fast Co.; January 9, 2021, 02:27 PM.
          Team SCANC
          Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

in a word ...OUTSTANDING!

john

Comment

• Fast Co.
              Fast Co. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks John!

Scale racing at it’d finest!

Comment

• Fast Co.
              Fast Co. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Tuner!

Here's a video of a few laps around Woodland Trace Raceway. Taken with an iPhone 7 duct taped to a BRM 1/24 scale Porsche 917 chassis running at 6 volts so you can see something of the track as it goes around.

Team SCANC
            Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

• SlotCat
              SlotCat commented
              Editing a comment
              The downhill section is reminiscent of Laguna Seca corkscrew ;-)

• Fast Co.
              Fast Co. commented
              Editing a comment
              SlotCat, that's what I was going for. Before I put the router to the mdf I posted several drawings of tracks I was considering. One of the things I wanted was a corkscrew. Then someone suggested why not do a replica of Laguna Seca. I watched many races at Laguna Seca when I lived in California. Problem was that my basement space is so narrow. It's bisected by a stairway that comes down from my living room. So I decided there were key elements that I wanted - The Corkscrew, the rise at Turn 1 and the Andretti Hairpin. So I went with that and ended up with a sort of squashed Laguna Seca. After 9 years, the track is still challenging and fun. We just hosted Round 3 of the GT3 Proxy on it last night. You can see the video of that race on the Slot Car Addicts of NC Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/10064191512...6214339211417/

And a very short slow motion video of cars catching air at T1.

Last edited by Fast Co.; January 9, 2021, 04:32 PM.
            Team SCANC
            Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Thanks Steve

I really like the elevation changes and scenery. My 2 lane cruising track is Blue Ridge Parkway (posted a thread on here) We don't race on it. Just for running cars. The group I race with we have 7 tracks at the moment (used to have 10) 5 routed and 2 Carrera - though one of the Carrera tracks is changing to routed. Looks like we race similar classes and all.

cheers
              David

Comment

• Fast Co.
                Fast Co. commented
                Editing a comment
                David, If you are not too far away maybe our groups can meet up for some racing here or there. Road trip! (After Covid, of course.)

Originally posted by GT40 Racer (DM) View Post
              Thanks Steve

I really like the elevation changes and scenery. My 2 lane cruising track is Blue Ridge Parkway (posted a thread on here) We don't race on it. Just for running cars. The group I race with we have 7 tracks at the moment (used to have 10) 5 routed and 2 Carrera - though one of the Carrera tracks is changing to routed. Looks like we race similar classes and all.

cheers
              David
              Be a long road trip - boat across the pacific first - but have plans to visit your country in the future - once everyone get this virus sorted

cheers
              David

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1