My 2021-2022 Track Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2021-2022 Track Layout

Just before the holidays hit, I unboxed all my track and accessories and started my annual rebuild of my layout. Here is this winter's track. I added the short overpass on the right end of the track and that allowed me to create 2 long straights. The overpass was a bit of a pain to build. I gently bent 2 straight pieces to form the curved top of the overpass, and slid a thin cardboard sheet under the track to support the track pieces and used various thicknesses of foam blocks to raise the track. This year I was able to squeeze 67' of track into my floor space. We use the ottoman's to sit comfortably for our family racing! Cheers RvE
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7938 V2 Combo Med.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	782.0 KB
ID:	139965
    Ralph
    Toronto, Ontario
    Canada

That looks like great fun. The modular scenery really dresses it up. What is the material on your baseboards? Is it foam to protect the cars?

Comment

• RvE
      RvE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, that is soft foam that is taped in place. Sometime I host slotting beginners at my track, and cars are flying all over the place!

Great looking layout.Tons of fun!
    Rusty
    Humboldt ,out in the country in west Tn...

Comment

PACKED UP - I thought it might be interesting to show folks how I pack up and store all my slot car goodies during the summer months.

I am busy with other hobbies and sports in the summer - and I like the fun of changing my track layout each year - so every spring I carefully pack up and store my track and scenery, and have it ready to reassemble in time for the following year's Christmas holidays. Like many of us on the HRW Forum, the problem is the accumulation of more and more cars, track and accessories over the years! After nearly 15 years of collecting slot car stuff, I am now at the point of having MANY large cartons to store my diorama pieces and many cartons to store the track, accessories, and boxed collector cars. All of these cartons are carefully stored in my basement closet, ready to unpack and rebuild each winter. My cars are stored in Carrera cases in the closet too, and I have recently taken to displaying numerous cars, in their cases, on the shelves. The photos below show you the packed up and stored slot car goodies. Those with a keen eye will see that have 1/24 Carrera cars too, but those wont run on my Scalextric track. I run the 1/24 Carrera cars on my brother's home Carrera track.

Note - it typically takes me about 15 hours, over about 3 evenings, to pack up all my slot car stuff and about the same time to re-assemble a new track each year. Cheers RvE
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9026 COMBO V3_landscape_med.jpg Views:	0 Size:	775.4 KB ID:	167787
      Last edited by RvE; July 20, 2022, 10:33 PM.
      Ralph
      Toronto, Ontario
      Canada

Comment

Nice layout design. It's got a great variety of in its turns and the length of its straights.
        Team SCANC
        Woodland Trace Raceway - SlotZuka - Bent Tree Raceway
        OFI - Buena Vista Motorsports Park - Slotkins Glen
        Leadfinger Raceway

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1