No announcement yet.

Freddy Hamm coup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddy Hamm coup

Built my first car from scratch over the last few days. I’m pretty satisfied with how it turned out. It’s 1/24 scale. Body from big donkey. Decals from polecat. Retro Hawk7 motor with 10:30 gearing. It was definitely a learning experience and I’m hooked now looking forward to my next build. Let me know what you think.

Your chassis & car look fine in the photos. Nice build! I thought you also did a great job catching the character of the 1: 1 car & bringing them over to your build.

Comment

I was building that car for the January Showdown in 1/32 scale but never got my decals. Hoping to get them in time for the Summer Showdown.
      Go fast, turn left. Now in tiny HO size..
      Thanks,
      Rick

Comment

That turned out great! Nice clean looking build!

Comment

Wow! Very nice!
          Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA
          Facebook-
          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018917899105
          YouTube-
          https://youtube.com/channel/UCB2327w8u_O8RjKeY4kFonQ

Comment

Looks great - I really like to see actual cars replicated in scale!

Are you going to do an interior card/driver? Will you be adding the side nerf bars?

Either way it looks great and it makes me want to build more - these Vintage mods look so cool with the super wide tires and all the crash bars.

A lot of these get made from the 4.5" FCR. It is pretty common formula and there are quite a few home tracks running that kind of spec.

I figure that you have a whole list of 'local hero cars" that you want to build now - very cool to get it all looking right with the unique decals etc.

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

Dave J
              Millstadt, Illinois

Comment

That came out great.
                Robert- Shoreline Model Raceways Club
                Connecticut, U.S.A.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! Eventually plan on doing the interior and was gonna try to do the side nerfbars out of styrene to save some weight. I already broke the rear bumper off in a wreck so got some rework to do anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by padirtfan
                    I was building that car for the January Showdown in 1/32 scale but never got my decals. Hoping to get them in time for the Summer Showdown.
                    If you ordered from polecat I heard his computer was down for awhile and now he is catching up on orders

Comment

I do offer decals - not sure what you need - but predictably I have a bunch of NY and New England Modified subjects.

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

Well done!!!
                        -Harry

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡