Chevette Modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevette Modified

Leaves still falling, so no sense in raking this week.
    Took down another car I haven't "played with" for a while in my never ending project to re-motor & re-build a bunch cars on my shelf.
    Built this Chevette quite some time back......Been collecting dust for a couple or 3 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4804.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	7640
    Had a brass interior tray & cage attached to the chassis.......Removed that & a few other pieces.
    Replaced the MT5 with a Jaws motor. Equiped with Parma gears, guide & Big Mama brushes.
    Re-trued the urethane tires, painted the wheels & moved the rear bumper forward maybe a quarter inch.
    Replaced the brass rod headers with aluminum craft wire headers.
    Cleaned up a painted the chassis white.

Name:	IMG_6243.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	7641

The plan was to just remove the decals & replace with something I liked better. Got carried away & rebuilt most of the body.
    Cut & shortend the rear about 1/8" to better proportion the body in my opinion.
    Added a styrene interior with 1/16" styrene cage, re-used the driver "as is".
    painted with Ace Hardware white primer, red & black rattle cans followed by 2 coats of Ace Hardware clear...........The End: Brew

Name:	IMG_6251.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	7643

Name:	IMG_6247.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	7644

Name:	IMG_6248.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	7645

Name:	IMG_6250.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	7646

Name:	IMG_6249.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	7647

Attached Files

Another outstanding job! I don't know where you find the time. I'm hoping that maybe I can finish up two modifieds for the showdown but it's going to be close.

Comment

Wow!!!! Look at that hot rod!
      -Harry

Comment

To be honest, this type of race-car isn't very high on my radar, but after looking at the photo of the rolling chassis and seeing the amount of work and effort put into it, and then taking a closer look at the body and realising the same about that as well, it gives me a whole new appreciation for what you have created. Too good!

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1