Midget Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midget Conversion

Curious if anyone has converted an Action 1/24 diecast midget to a slot car. Prices are coming down to donor car status.
    Solid axle up front and bushings installed in the rear frame member. Just dreaming.

I had something like that for a die cast sprint car I worked up from a few years ago. The main trick was basically a sub-chassis that mounts the motor and fits the rear axle, and also has a scale driver figure that sits on top of it.

It all slides underneath the die cast sprint car.

I am pretty sure it could be done again, but better - *especially* if the die casts are available, and at a decent price.

I would go at it with 3D modeling, and there are other approaches - but I'm enthused.

Would you post a pic of the midget ?

NYMODIFIEDS.COM

Comment

By the time car, shipping, and tax were added up, it wasn’t exactly cheap. Then again, I saw one at the trinket trailer at a race yesterday with a $150 price tag on a similar car.
      I chose this one for a possible conversion since it has an enclosed hood as opposed to injectors and air cleaner to deal with.
      Major pieces are held together with screws. Big Donkey has a 1/24 driver available. I haven’t cross referenced wheels and tires to what’s available in the slot car world.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4E3D3142-CCDD-421E-8F50-ACAFA8989F3C.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	119406

Click image for larger version

Name:	2BFA5C23-1954-4896-A5CF-9E114820FBEB.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	119407

Comment

That's a seriously good looking model.