Announcement

Collapse

All about RESIN CASTING!

Share your work and tips to help others here.
See more
See less

Booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booth

Pappa’s got a new paint booth!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1228D3E5-B11F-4990-97E9-E482C8C9FB5A.jpeg
Views:	422
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	15149

Name:	3CC905CA-1679-4154-91FC-38170FB57FEC.jpeg
Views:	393
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	15150
    Scott.....War Eagle River......Tampa, Florida, USA

I have the same one, works good. The only thing I didn't like was that the lights and the exhaust fan are on the same switch. I fixed that with a mini toggle switch mounted by the rocker switch for the lights. I got it for airbrushing and spray painting but found I use it more as a Tire Razor station, fits in there fine, there's lots of light, and the filter catches all the dust and contains the big chunks, turn off the fan for the wet sanding phase .
    Allan

Comment

Walmart $12-$14 and a furnace filter ever 2 hours or so.

Name:	P1010003.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	15180Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010004.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	15179
      Matt B
      So. In
      Crashers

Comment

Ya am looking into a purchase of a paint booth all see if I can make one but the convenience of just buying one soo tempting. Good job on both. 👍💪🏎💨

Comment

Originally posted by Vision34 View Post
          Ya am looking into a purchase of a paint booth all see if I can make one but the convenience of just buying one soo tempting. Good job on both. 👍💪🏎💨

This booth I purchased off Amazon for $89, free shipping. Well worth it.

Comment

Ready or not here I come!

Name:	C416CDB4-95B2-410E-AFB9-BA9D796E9177.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	15504

Comment

First shots in the new paint booth! ThunderSlot Lola T70 Surtees.

Name:	22AF74A1-F7CC-48C4-92D2-B9ACE9DC02CB.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	15506

Second coat, smooth as silk...WOW! Now it bakes, like an easy bake oven,lol

Name:	73E332BF-6C10-44DA-AB85-0E5D8EB0146A.jpeg
Views:	232
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	15507

Comment

Nice paint booth . I plan on making myself one . I plan on cutting the bottom off a plastic tote and wiring a furnace screen and box fan to it , also mounting a flat floor to it .

Comment

Originally posted by mattb View Post

Name:	P1010004.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	15179
                  That red (Indy?) car looks great; can you tell us a little bit about it?...hopefully with photos!

Mark in Oregon

Comment

Mark, that is the 67 car Foyt drove. It started out as one of my Brawner Hawk resin bodies. I re-shaped it to what I thought was the Coyote ford dimensions. Used orange instead of Poppy Red originally used. You see varying shades of red/orange on copies of this car. Decals are from Indycals. It is 1/24 and is one of my favorite and fastest Indy cars. It's got a soldered up (repaired) brass tube/Sprintsplus custom chassis and probably a Mark Thomas MT5 motor. I ran it a lot and it has suffered it's share of damage. It's still quick and an easy car to drive.

The finished car before it started getting used up
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	coyote 2 - Copy.JPG Views:	0 Size:	161.1 KB ID:	15546

This one is the Dubro Sheraton Thompson Special, They offered this vac body with metal injectors and exhaust. It was new and yellow (Ebay), but was in good shape.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010005 (5).JPG Views:	0 Size:	135.2 KB ID:	15545

chassis pix - top car is the hard body. I like Indy from 50-67.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010011.JPG Views:	0 Size:	159.0 KB ID:	15544
                    Matt B
                    So. In
                    Crashers

Comment

I've looked at getting one of those a couple of times, but the buyers on EBay mostly won't ship them to my country.

- I had wondered how safe those fans and electrics are with solvent based spray paints too ? thoughts?

Comment

I've used my home made booth for 2, maybe 3 years and have had no issues. I did give a thought to the fact that paint spray can ignite and the fan could provide the spark, but it hasn't happened. I use at least a double thickness of furnace filters in front of the fan to catch spray. I use lacquer and don't spray any other kind of paint. I don't get much of the fumes anymore and there is no layer of dust on the rest of the utility room in the basement.
                        Matt B
                        So. In
                        Crashers

Comment

Thanks for that great response Matt. Seems I really need to find a seller who will send down here then.

Comment

No doubt that the the nice ready made units are more desirable. I started to order one, but that "I can make something like that myself" attitude popped up and I went to Walmart and spent $14!
                            Matt B
                            So. In
                            Crashers

Comment

Couldn’t be more pleased with the ready made paint booth. Super easy cleanup, folds into a small suitcase. Was concerned about enough exhaust, but it’s plenty ample. I made a front flap, so when done painting it closes and with the lights on theres enough heat generated to sort of bake the paint slightly, a bonus! Went down to the body shop supply and picked up a 25’ roll of filter, enough to last my lifetime. My homemade booth went to the dumpster today. It was due for a proper burial after 30 years! I would highly recommend this paint booth.

Comment

• F1Fan
                                F1Fan commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Completely agree, I also have this unit (albeit the one without the lights) and I love it. I crack the garage door a couple of inches and slide the hose vent underneath. Works fantastic, and most importantly for me, it stores without taking much space. Thanks for the tip on where to get new filters, last time I bought replacements from Amazon.
                            Working...
                            X
                            UA-149438709-1