I need help with lettering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with lettering

I have a project using the pre-painted Revell California Kid model kit. It has correct flames but not ht lettering for the door. What follows is the script on the door, one on each side in reddish orange. The size is about 1 inch long. I found the artwork, but it is JPEG and I can't get it nto any of the programs I print with and change the color. Can any of you guys QUICKLY use this jpeg picture to convert the lettering to word or other type file that I can copy and change color and print on clear vinyl? I say quickly because I don't want anybody tying up a lot of time trying to do this. I appreciate any help, but don't want to take up a bunch of time. If nothing can be done, I will take the black copy to a local print shop and I'm sure they can change the color and print it for me..
    thanks

matt Click image for larger version

Name:	ca kid.png
Views:	235
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	119224
    Attached Files
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

I got another thought. I have printed the black copy as shown from the j[peg format. I bet I can now scan that copy and save it as a document file,. I'll try that later, so nobody needs to worry with this until I try scanning it.
    Matt B
    So. In
    Crashers

Comment

You can open a JPEG in MS paint. Using the paint program you can then use the paint bucket tool to change the font color to whatever you want.

Cheers

Cheers

Dan
      G.P Alberta

Comment

Adobe Photoshop is what you would use to change the color.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30573.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.8 KB ID:	119275

Or like Barc 1 mentions...

Comment

I didn't think about this till I tried converting the file. I just opened word and found a similar script and created it in the word program. Printed in red with yellow background. Not vibrant enough to show up on a black car. I could maybe try printing twice on the same vinyl or doing two layers of sticker. Makes me appreciate the tampo flames on the car. The real car has red lettering with white outside shading which can't be printed with most printers, but white back ground would help. Maybe I should just print yellow and red on white and see how that would look on the car. I could cut it close enough to the yellow background for the white to not show and maybe the colors would be more vibrant. I'll do that and report back

thanks for the tips and help
          Matt B
          So. In
          Crashers

Comment

I have an extensive list of fonts available because I do a lot of flyers and the like. The closest match that I could find was one called Palace Script MT.

To get darker lettering I could have made it bold or picked a different color. I use Power Point to do that sort of thing, but I could also use Microsoft Word. When I do decals I create the image in Power Point and save it as a .tiff . I can then crop what I want to keep and resize it using a photoediting program. If you save images as .jpgs they will have jaggies when you print them.

Comment

I was able to create the lettering with a very close script. Hard to get it to show up on the black car. I took my master to the guy at the local UPS/copy store. He is a young guy there that really likes to see slot stuff and things I create. He doesn't mind taking his own time to do stuff like this for me. He has it right now and probably this week I'll visit him to see what he's come up with.
              Matt B
              So. In
              Crashers

Comment

Working...
              X
              UA-149438709-1