Announcement

Collapse

For All Scales of Drag Racing!

For HRW Forum Members Who Prefer Going Fast in a Straight Line!!
See more
See less

Auto world Snake vs Mongoose drag set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto world Snake vs Mongoose drag set

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01578.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	3010
    Well just when I thought I was out they drag me back in...
    About time someone did this set!!
    Sorry picture is not that great.It is in their 2020 catalog
    Rusty

Nice set, Rusty....I switched my power pack to an AFX tri power..22V, makes the cars come alive! I also added track to make it 20' of power (scale 1/4 mile), plus 4' of dead track with a catch box. Some cars hit the catch box "harder" than I like. So I'll be shortening the track back to 13', giving me about 11 feet of shut down... Did you get it for the cars?..Will you set it up?
    LARRY

"OLD PEOPLE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES"...We just spend the rest of our lives paying for the ones we've made when we were younger..

Comment

• BIG E
      BIG E commented
      Editing a comment
      If you must, try taking only a few feet of powered track away at a time. Here on Long Island, the two strips we run on (one Maxx @ 20V, the other TKO @ 24V) we've got less that 3 feet of shutdown, running some cars that are clocking .5 - .75 second times. Haven't damaged a car yet, using folded soft towels and as a backup some very soft open cell foam. The cars almost never get to the foam. Be sure to make a padded separator between the lanes in the catch box, if you haven't already. Of course, you will know best what works for your set up.
      Hope you get to run as much full power track as you can. Enjoy! Ernie :>)

Geees I really shouldn’t but man I wonder if the cars will be available separate since I already have the top fuel set 😇

Comment

Did you get it for the cars?..Will you set it up?
      Well it is coming out in Feb. of 2020.IF I'll still around I will have to get the set!!

Geees I really shouldn’t but man I wonder if the cars will be available separate since I already have the top fuel set 😇
      I'm guessing they will be sold separate,never know.........
      Rusty

Comment

I can't tell from the picture. Does anybody know if Auto world did a new tool for the Mongoose car and made the Duster, or is it decals on a Cuda. hillbilly

Comment

When they release the cars, I’ll have them. Don’t even race this scale that much, but these are too cool to pass up.
          -Harry

Comment

Found this picture on the net..
            Click image for larger version

Name:	AWD33003.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	3365
            Rusty

Comment

• BRS Hobbies
              BRS Hobbies commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look really good. I almost thought they were die-cast until I saw the pick up shoes peeking out in the front.

Thanks Rusty. Looks like they did a new tool for this set. Never seen the Duster before. hillbilly

Comment

I had the Hot Wheels set when I was a kid, gotta get the slot car set too!

Auto World is also releasing the Duster as a plain white car according to the 2020 catalog.

Comment

Same here, just noticed the Duster. I'd like to pick up the set. I'm not a purist or collector, so both cars would get the wheels tucked and body lowered....Thanks for the pic.
                LARRY

"OLD PEOPLE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES"...We just spend the rest of our lives paying for the ones we've made when we were younger..

Comment

The throwback Duster and modern Camaro Funny Cars are available now (or soon) from Auto World, albiet in white with no decorations at all. Gotta investigate further... Ernie :>)

Comment

Those are too cool to not have.
                    Area 51 Raceway North Carolina U.S.A

Have Fun Racing!!

Comment

AW is taking preorders on the unpainted Dusters! Looking forward to getting one?

Comment

Rusty

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        UA-149438709-1