Digital Racing Solutions Pit Entry Lane Gate Fuel Track Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Racing Solutions Pit Entry Lane Gate Fuel Track Wiring

Installing the DRS Lane Gate Pit Entry wiring to prevent more grandchild driving carnage and the last thing to do is to remove the red wire that goes from the fuel track board to the track then extend it so it can be placed in the adjacent lane? I'll assume the adjacent lane is the inside track lane next to the fuel track and does the red wire go to the same rail/ color coded rail if so?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, I just don't want to fry anything, hate when that happens.

Allan

" If you have a Control Unit and Fuel Track, the Fuel Track needs to be modified or it will interfere with the Lane Gate Pit Entry protection. Remove the back cover of the Fuel Track. Remove the red wire from the track rail. You’ll need to splice in a short length of wire so the clip/contact can be placed in the adjacent lane."
    Allan

Same rail, just the other lane. Don't have one in front of me, so not sure where it connects, but if it's attached to the left rail, put it in the left rail of the other lane. If it's attached to the right rail, put it in the right rail of the other lane.

Comment

Originally posted by b.yingling View Post
      Same rail, just the other lane. Don't have one in front of me, so not sure where it connects, but if it's attached to the left rail, put it in the left rail of the other lane. If it's attached to the right rail, put it in the right rail of the other lane.
      Thanks!

I figured as much but always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks again,
      Allan
      Allan

Comment

It works!
        I did two pit lane entrance lane gates and converted a right narrow section to a pit lane entry. Those pit entries are too tight, people were constantly "accidentally" entering the second pit at speed and wiping out, the first pit is fine because it comes right off the curve, be a pace car sitting in there anyway, no entrance...cool.
        The piece of track that transitions between the entry and pit lane on the right narrow section has a cover plate underneath with jumper wires between the rails below it, the lane gate does not work if you don't remove those wires, don't ask me how I know .... I also combined a left lane change and pit exit with some creative hacking, wish I made the table a foot longer.
        Almost finished, just waiting for a single lane adapter straight to install the Startlight and charging cradle again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210410_131639.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	92841 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210410_131658.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.83 MB ID:	92839
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bluevista; April 10, 2021, 02:00 PM.
        Allan

Comment

Working...
        X
        UA-149438709-1