'King of The Hill at Snyderville' - Carrera Digital 1/24 Proxy Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'King of The Hill at Snyderville' - Carrera Digital 1/24 Proxy Race

**Big Update** - Slot Car Space Solutions is now sponsoring the event and awarding additional prizes to the top 3 (picture below)!

*Update* - Registration is now CLOSED.

Do you want to win some awesome prizes and be a part of a proxy race that will be fully broadcasted? Here is your chance!

It is time for another proxy race at Snyderville Speedway! We will be putting on a Carrera Digital 1/24 scale proxy race next month. Here are the details,

Date: To be determined. We must reach a minimum of 11 participants to run the race. Once we have a full field, a date will be set.

Entry Fee: $30, plus shipping to and from
    • Two types of payment options for entry fee - PayPal or sending cash/money order with the car.
    • Entry fee is due one week prior to the date of the race if sending via PayPal. If sending via PayPal, please send the funds to [email protected] and send via the 'friends and family option'.
    • Please include the funds for return shipping in your method of payment so that I can get the car back to you as quickly as possible after the event.
    Prize -
    • 1st - $110 and Carrera 30371 Check Lane
    • 2nd - $60 and Carrera 21104 Garage Building
    • 3rd - $30 and Carrera 21105 VIP Floor
    Prize money will be sent via PayPal.

Number of entrants - Must be 12 exactly to run the race, no more no less.

Cars: Carrera Digital 1/24 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (GT3) and Ferrari 458 (GT3) ONLY - Please note that a maximum of only two of any one livery will be allowed. It is first come, first choice. Custom painted bodies will be allowed.
    • I must receive all cars no later than three days before the date of the race.

Rules:
    • Rear traction magnet must be removed
    • Stock front (or center if you will) traction magnet must remain in car in stock magnet capsule
    • No additional weight allowed
    • Wheels can be trued
    • Stock Carrera Wheels must be used
    • Tires can be trued
    • Must have stock Carrera rubber tires on front axle
    • Must have silicone tires on rear axle
    • Front tires can be super glued/clear coated on tread
    • Tires can be glued onto the rims
    • Gear ratio must remain stock using Carrera gears 10/50 (No aftermarket gears allowed)
    • Must use stock Carrera D124 motor
    • Axle carriers must remain stock
    • Axles must run in stock bushings, no ball bearing allowed
    • Must use stock Carrera guide flag
    • No suspension allowed
    • No body/chassis alterations or modifications of any kind (filing, shaving, channeling etc.)
    • No alteration to body or chassis in order to achieve body float
    • Factory interior must remain intact and complete
    • Body must be mounted with all factory screws
    • Must use stock guide arm
    • All lights need to be functioning
    • No side mirrors or spoilers/wings allowed on cars to prevent tearing them up during the race
    All cars will be inspected before the race. If any cars fail inspection and have not followed the rules, that car will be disqualified and the entry fee will not be returned. Please take this very seriously, as we want to deter anyone from trying to bend the rules in their favor. Let's stick to the rules and make this fun for everyone! If it doesn't specify that something is allowed in the rules, ask me first or just don't do it to be safe.

Format: The 12 cars will be split into two groups randomly. Please note that if we have two of the same livery, they will automatically be in opposite groups for the heat race. The two groups of six cars will then have a short qualifying session to determine starting position for the heat race. Once the starting position is determined, the two groups of six cars will have a heat race. The heat races will be a total of 120 laps, broken down into six 20 lap segments where each of our six drivers will drive each car once. At the end of these heat races, the top three cars from each group will advance to the final.The starting order for the final race will be determined by the finishing order and number of total laps in the heat races. The final race will be run just as the heat race, a total of 120 laps broken down into six 20 lap segments where each of our six drivers will drive each car once. The car with the most laps at the end of the six segments will be the winner.

Content: Each race will be recorded. I will then edit each video with commentary. I will do my best to release the videos very soon after the event is over, but it will be a lot of work with the amount of footage we will have. This is something that I believe everyone can enjoy. I will also post live updates on FB and here on the forums once qualifying is done so that people will know where there cars are starting etc. My goal is to provide everyone that is participating with a premium experience!

For those interested, I have run one other proxy before here at Snyderville Speedway. Here is a link to that one, https://www.homeracingworld.us/viewt...p?f=30&t=17155. I have some experience under my belt now and feel like this will be a much better proxy all around! If you would like to register, please sign up here and declare which car you will be using. If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or contact me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Entries:
    1. Andrew Richardson*
    2. Jamie Bender - Custom painted Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    3. Jason Coburn - Carrera 23860 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    4. Curtis Hendrix - Carrera 23836 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    5. Kenneth Foss - Carrera 23811 Ferrari 458
    6. Bruce (Fourshipp) - 23860 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    Last edited by Snyderville Speedway; March 1, 2020, 11:36 AM.

I wish there was more time to purchase, build and participate

Comment

Originally posted by Brumos RSR View Post
      I wish there was more time to purchase, build and participate
      Hi Brumos, I can totally understand that. I wanted to post this sooner, but I have been putting together all the details and confirming with my group that I would have drivers. Next month on this particular date is when I have an opportunity to run it. If we don't get enough entries to run this on February 15th, I will push the date back. I'm just not sure when it would be if it does have to get pushed back.
      Last edited by Snyderville Speedway; January 25, 2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

The original post has been updated with the new prize payout. We are going to be awarding a payout to all the podium finishers.

Comment

Just two weeks away before this proxy. Sign up for this unique event before it is too late!

Comment

Updated with new prizes! A big thanks goes out to Slot Car Space Solutions for sponsoring the event. They will be awarding the top 3 with additional prizes.

Comment

Another update. If we don't get enough entries by next Sunday, February 9th, I will be pushing the date of the race back. The next date I will shoot for is February 29th, but it could be later than that. Thanks.

Josh

Comment

Two quick questions:

Part number and mfg for silicone tires? I’ve just started messing with the 124 cars and have only used/only have PG urethaneS on hand.

How do you determine power and brake settings? Do we set them before we send the car or do you set them after driving our cars on your track?

Thank you,

Bruce

Comment

For the Corvette:
                  http://race.cincyslots.com/shop-124-...-c7r-new-mold/

For the 458:
                  http://race.cincyslots.com/shop-124-...458-and-599xx/

The vettes have rounded sides where the 458 is flat sides.
                  Dave
                  Saginaw Valley Raceway
                  Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
                    For the Corvette:
                    http://race.cincyslots.com/shop-124-...-c7r-new-mold/

For the 458:
                    http://race.cincyslots.com/shop-124-...458-and-599xx/

The vettes have rounded sides where the 458 is flat sides.
                    Thanks for posting this, Dave. As for the rounded sides, all of the tires we got had flat sidewalls, the ones for the Vettes and 458s. Here is a link to a video that CincySlots posted on YouTube showing how to make a rounded sidewall,
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSg2uyVmVS8
                    I did this one all of the tires we ordered. It was very simple to do and seemed to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Fourshipp View Post

How do you determine power and brake settings? Do we set them before we send the car or do you set them after driving our cars on your track?

Thank you,

Bruce
                      Hi Bruce,

The speed setting on the cars should be 100%. If anyone wants there car set at a specified setting lower than 100%, they will need to let me know prior to the race. I will contact each participant before the cars are sent to give out my mailing address and discuss this very thing. As for brake settings, we will adjust them to suit the drivers, unless a participant gives me a specific setting they want the car to stay at. All of this is really up to each participant.

Josh

Comment

Interesting. As we have discussed here before, I adjust my speeds to let the cars go full throttle through the fastest portion of my track without deslotting and I modulate power through the slower sections. Running one mag, this setting is 60-65%. I can run one or two settings higher and modulate through the fast section but the lap times don’t improve significantly. I have found anything higher approaching 100% results in increased wheel spin, tail slides and the inevitable deslots that don’t give me an advantage in lap times and hurt consistency. 100% does not give me the best handling or lap times. Think my track is less technical than Snyderville in that I do not have any R1 turns at the end of straights. Most are R4 and R3 for the. Entry and decrease radius through the turns.

Have you experienced similar handling issues running single magnet and 100% on your track?

side note: I am slowly getting better at tuning. I installed new PGTs and trued the fronts and rears on several 132 cars and they are running .3 - .4 seconds faster than they did with last year’s set ups did on this year’s track. I even ran my 132 Ford GT magless last night and it was surprisingly fast. It ran 6.8-6.9 seconds with last year’s setup. After new tires, trueing the fronts and overall retuning it was sub 6.5. Both of those times were with front mag only. Magless it was 7.2-7.3 and handles very similar to the front mag set up. I am anxious to get a full tune on the 124 corvette and see exactly what power level I am comfortable with.

Thanks Josh,

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Fourshipp View Post
                          Interesting. As we have discussed here before, I adjust my speeds to let the cars go full throttle through the fastest portion of my track without deslotting and I modulate power through the slower sections. Running one mag, this setting is 60-65%. I can run one or two settings higher and modulate through the fast section but the lap times don’t improve significantly. I have found anything higher approaching 100% results in increased wheel spin, tail slides and the inevitable deslots that don’t give me an advantage in lap times and hurt consistency. 100% does not give me the best handling or lap times. Think my track is less technical than Snyderville in that I do not have any R1 turns at the end of straights. Most are R4 and R3 for the. Entry and decrease radius through the turns.

Have you experienced similar handling issues running single magnet and 100% on your track?

side note: I am slowly getting better at tuning. I installed new PGTs and trued the fronts and rears on several 132 cars and they are running .3 - .4 seconds faster than they did with last year’s set ups did on this year’s track. I even ran my 132 Ford GT magless last night and it was surprisingly fast. It ran 6.8-6.9 seconds with last year’s setup. After new tires, trueing the fronts and overall retuning it was sub 6.5. Both of those times were with front mag only. Magless it was 7.2-7.3 and handles very similar to the front mag set up. I am anxious to get a full tune on the 124 corvette and see exactly what power level I am comfortable with.

Thanks Josh,

Bruce
                          Yes, I have. Generally, we are not running our cars at 100%, but with this being a proxy, I can't alter the individual speed settings of the cars. This must be decided by the participant. If someone wishes to have the car ran at a slower speed setting to help with consistency, that is perfectly fine. I will say this, if all of my drivers are having a tough time keeping the cars on the track at the 100% setting, I will have to drop the voltage on the power supply a bit to compensate. With that being said, I highly suggest anyone participating run on 100% speed setting, or at least very close to it.

And that is really cool. It sounds like you are having fun with the tuning!
                          Last edited by Snyderville Speedway; February 9, 2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Bruce all tracks are different and settings will be too, but Josh is correct. With this being a proxy all power settings should be set the same across the board with only brake settings being adjustable to the drivers taste. With that being said Josh you know your track and with your track being more technical and you should be the deciding factor as to what that power setting should be as long as it's the same for everyone. No since having a deslot fest.
                            Dave
                            Saginaw Valley Raceway
                            Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

OP Updated:

Update for everyone,

We will not be running this race on February 15th. At this point, we do not have enough entries to run the race. Registration will remain open until we have enough entries (minimum of 11), and then we will set the date after having a full field. This way there is no rush for anyone to get their cars ready right now. I hope that those who were interested, but worried about not having enough time to prepare, will jump in and join us!
                              Last edited by Snyderville Speedway; February 9, 2020, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              UA-149438709-1