Carrera Digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera Digital

I'm a home racer with Carrera Digital track. I run stock-magnets only. There's little slotting in my area. I tried unsuccessfully to do a proxy for this format, so if anyone is running this category, I'd love to send them a few of my cars for evaluation and comparison. Let me know - thanks.

David
    David

Not sure about the proxy racing thing myself, planning to enter the Summer Beach Racers proxy for analog cars, this will be a first for me.

Looked up your posts and your track is very nice! What is the length? What car has the best lap?

Iʻm just returning to slots myself after a long hiatus from the hobby, also going Carrera Digital, but planning to include analog running in the future.

Alan
    Last edited by asmith; March 10, 2022, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by perrotoro View Post
      I'm a home racer with Carrera Digital track. I run stock-magnets only. There's little slotting in my area. I tried unsuccessfully to do a proxy for this format, so if anyone is running this category, I'd love to send them a few of my cars for evaluation and comparison. Let me know - thanks.

David
      Stock Carrera cars, with magnets... what did you do to the cars that would be worthy of evaluation?

Comment

Proxies are about how well you can build, modify or tune a car within the parameters set by the proxy, on a track surface that is likely unfamiliar. How does that fit running stock Carrera cars with magnets on a plastic track? There aren't any variables. You would be much better off building an analog car for a proxy... but not Carrera.

Like you, I found slot car racing isn't very popular. If you want to participate and compete with others, you have to "go where the action is".
        Last edited by Bal r 14; March 10, 2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• MrFlippant
          MrFlippant commented
          Editing a comment
          Or start a club and actively seek out people to join in for the fun. A daunting task for many.

• Bal r 14
          Bal r 14 commented
          Editing a comment
          It took me months to find a group of guys who were interested in slot car racing. There were things I had to do to fit in and I haven't finished yet. But, definitely worth the effort and expense.

If all else fails you can join a solo proxy event. We run one here.
        Dave
        Dave
        Saginaw Valley Raceway
        Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFlippant View Post

Stock Carrera cars, with magnets... what did you do to the cars that would be worthy of evaluation?
          Cars by all manufacturers with chips to run on Carrera digital track. Stock magnets only - no additional magnets. What did you do with worthy evaluation of the situation?
          David

Comment

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
            If all else fails you can join a solo proxy event. We run one here.
            Dave
            I'd like to send you a few cars for your evaluation. My cars are all chipped for carrera digital, but can be switched to analog. All include magnets and would like them to be compared with other cars with magnets. PM me if that works for you.
            David

Comment

Originally posted by perrotoro View Post

Cars by all manufacturers with chips to run on Carrera digital track. Stock magnets only - no additional magnets. What did you do with worthy evaluation of the situation?
              I read your thread title and post, and they lacked important information such as what you just added.

Have you glued and trued your rear tires? Have the rear tires been upgraded from stock on any of them? Have you glued, trued, and coated the front tires or replaced them with low grip tires? Have you changed any of the motors, wheels, gears, bearings? Added weight? Straightened the chassis? Lightened the body or chassis? Trimmed posts and things to encourage body float? What can a proxy host expect from your cars aside from what comes out of the box?

What I'm getting at is that proxies tend to encourage some kind of tuning to get more out of a car than stock form. Some of them don't, of course, so maybe what you're asking is if there is a proxy for Carrera Digital that you can participate in? There have been a few. I took part in, and hosted one of the events for, a North American Carrera Digital proxy several years ago. It was a no-mag proxy with stock cars and urethane tires. The cars were all quite similar to one another in performance, so it was really more of an intro to proxies for people who don't normally participate in them.

I have a Carrera Digital track, Scalextric Digital, analog, and have access to multiples of all of those things via the two clubs I participate in. I participate as a driver in proxies when they are hosted nearby, including the International slot.it proxies and others. It's a lot of fun to drive other people's cars who have spent a lot of time trying to tune a winning car.

There are a lot of proxies going on all the time that you could participate in as well, even if they aren't specifically Carrera Digital.

Comment

So Mr Flippant, you just make an assumption that my cars are not worthy of consideration based on your all knowing world wide esoteric'ism. Nice promotion of the hobby.
                David

Comment

You're right. I made assumptions and then copped an attitude for no reason. I was wrong. I apologize.

I'm sure Dave will be a great host to your cars.

Comment

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but when I said joining a Solo proxy event what that means is your proxy group that you signed up with picks a car from your selection of cars and then you run them yourself representing the other guys. There are currently no Carrera specific proxies running that I know of.

This is the Solo Proxy from last year.
                    Solo International Proxy - 2021 - HRW (hrwforum.com)

Dave
                    Dave
                    Saginaw Valley Raceway
                    Only Rule: Just enjoy who you are racing with.

Comment

Thx Mr Flippant. Yeh I've done everything you mentioned above except gluing rears. I have a premier purchased truer along with a couple of home designs, but the out of the box ST and QS urethanes are excellent with magnetraction.

I've also done deep wood guides, wheel, axle, and bearing upgrades, float, adjusted front axle heights, use premier variable power supply's, and other performance enhancements discussed in this and other forums. My purchase history with prof motor, clover leaf, cincy slots, 132, and others will attest to this.

I would just like someone to sample my cars, since there is noone in the MS, LA, AL, North Fla, East TX, area to compare with. I'd send my cars to anyone with plastic tracks - they could of course run them analog. Magnetic track is a must. I will send and pay return postage.

HRW will attest i tried a proxy along this format a year a half ago without success. So just having someone try my cars in similar circumstance is satisfactory to me.

David

Comment

I and our group will gladly test run a few of your cars. We are in Minnesota. We run no mag on my track but used to run mag. Also we have racers that race mag on another track. Pm sent……..Link to track.

https://minneapolisslotcartrack.com

Comment

Thx Racer1h. I responded to your PM before I read your post above. I’ll have cars in the mail to you soon - thanks much.
                          David

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          UA-149438709-1